Universal platform for FPV shooting
A little less than half a year has passed since the guys from Quadlabs (also known as Shendrones), Andy Schön and Gabriel Kocher introduced their first cinematic FPV drone — Thicc, capable of cheerfully carrying DSLR cameras on board. The project turned out to be so interesting and attracted everyone’s attention that the guys were almost immediately ripe for the implementation of a new, even more advanced drone.
Siccario FPV Cinelifter is a versatile platform for cinematic FPV shooting. The Siccario (Sicc) X8 allows you to position your camera at the heart of the drone to minimize rotational inertia for exceptionally smooth and stable flight. Siccario is the first platform of its kind to give the camera the attention it deserves, as well as its positioning and adjustable angles. A specially designed design that does not require the presence of Arching Arm Design landing legs, coupled with the X8 motor configuration, provides excess thrust in a lightweight and compact design that is significantly smaller than any other Cinelifter platform currently available. All assembly material is, as usual, documented by Andy Schön on his blog.
- Designed and tuned specifically for Zcam and Red Komodo cameras to provide the user with the latter’s dynamic versatility in compact S35 or full size body and lens combinations.
- The X8 configuration delivers consistent, powerful traction to capture smooth and steady transitions from low speed to over 100 km/h (depending on load), capturing every immersive moment with the performance quality that professional cinematic content demands.
- Adjustable camera mount from ‑20° to 40° (-18° for Komodo camera)
- Special camera mounting plate (Cheese Plate) and dampers designed and tested by Andy and Gabriel to provide the best overall performance with any box format camera regardless of stabilization method, including SteadXP optimization.
- Powered by just one 6S battery with XT90-AS connector
- For dynamic versatility, the drone’s powerplant supports both 7‑inch 2‑blade propellers, as well as 8‑inch 2‑blade and 3‑blade propellers.
- Flight duration from 3–6 minutes depending on the payload and the battery used (with Zcam and Komodo cameras, 6S batteries with a capacity of 3300–4000 mAh are recommended)
- Able to carry a payload of 1–2 kg. The recommended optimal load is 1.5 kg.
- Additional equipment and customizable accessories to control and power cameras
- Equipped with DJI digital FPV system for the best vision and uncompromising shooting
- Fully assembled, tested and tuned (in the USA) to fly with Zcam and Komodo cameras, with UAV Tech customizable based on load and environment.
- Drone Flight Case Hard Shell (Optional)
- Refresh Services (Free service for repairs and/or upgrades; you only pay for parts and shipping)
Customized and Installed F7 Dual Gyro Betaflight
Dual 4 Channel 60A
Supported prop sizes:
7″ (8″ props are acceptable depending on load)
DJI Digital FPV system
Crossfire or DJI SBus
Drone weight (drone only):
Price and availability
The Siccario FPV Cinelifter drone is available for pre-order starting at $3,999 (depending on configuration). The expected start of production is the end of September 2020. The first shipments will begin no earlier than mid-October 2020 in the order in which pre-orders are placed. The developer also notes that the first batch is a limited production run that will increase as demand increases to ensure that delivery times do not increase as units are sold.