Today the market is replete with a huge number of quadrocopters. Every year the number of drones is steadily growing. Buying a drone can be compared to buying a car – this is an equally important and responsible process. How not to make a mistake in choosing a quadrocopter? This article will help you figure it out.
What to pay close attention to when choosing a quadcopter
1) Budget. Of course, when choosing, you should be guided by the amount that you can spend on a purchase. It is worth noting that drones are not only available to the rich. A simple beginner quadcopter will set you back $400 and up.
2) Appointment. Different models of drones are needed for different tasks. Sports photography and artistic photography are very different. If you decide to shoot just a landscape, then a classic drone for a beginner will be enough. But for filming sports, you need a fast gorse that can develop high speed.
3) Brand. The most reliable company is DJI. It is this company that produces the highest quality devices. Other companies save on the quality and quantity of materials.
1) Ease of use. Most of all, beginners experience problems with drone control, due to the lack of proper skills. The device must have a GPS navigation function that allows you to track the position of the drone in the air. In addition, there should be the “Return to base” and “Escort” functions. There are models that have an advanced gesture control system. It is also worth paying attention to the function “Overcoming obstacles”, which allows you to avoid accidents.
2) Portability. You need to think about how you will deliver the device to the shooting location. The fact is that there are large quadcopters that are hard to carry in your hands, so you need a backpack. Small drones can fit in your pocket.
3) Stabilizer for shooting. It is the stabilizer that can seriously mitigate the effect of shaking when the drone quickly turns or the strongest gust of wind flies. There are two types: two-axis and three-axis. The last type is the most efficient. The resolution of the cameras of the devices ranges from 720p to 4K. To shoot football or any other sport, you need a fast quadcopter that can shoot at 60 fps. 30 fps is suitable for shooting a normal landscape.
4) Battery charge capacity. A modern set of any quadrocopter has 1–2 batteries. Quadcopters for beginners are able to stay in the air for up to 16 minutes with one battery. But more advanced models can stay in the air for up to 30 minutes.
5) Signal transmission distance and picture. The first is the distance that the device can fly away from you. Quadcopters for beginners are capable of flying at a distance not exceeding 2 km. The higher the cost of the drone, the farther the device can fly. As for the second, this means the delay with which the drone will transmit the picture. More expensive models have less latency.
6) Smart features. The simpler life is, the easier it is to live — this also applies to drones. If the device has the “Gesture Control” function, then this greatly simplifies management.
7) Accessories. Some accessories are very necessary and important for a drone. For example, the propeller guard will avoid damage if the quadcopter crashes somewhere. If it is possible to control the drone using an application from a smartphone, then a physical remote control will allow the drone to fly to longer distances. To make the flights of the device even more exciting, you can purchase DJI Goggles — virtual reality glasses. The list of accessories is very extensive. When purchasing a drone, be sure to review this list and select the most suitable accessories for your purposes.
The best shooting quadcopters for beginners
Buying your first drone can be scary. However, you should not be afraid, because quadcopters for beginners are designed in such a way that any broken spare part can be replaced at an inexpensive price. It is very easy to learn how to use such devices.
What to look for when choosing a drone:
- Easy to use. The quadcopter should not have a thousand buttons, but should be extremely clear;
- Strength. If you are new to flying quadcopters, then there is a high probability that the device will crash into something, so it is better to choose a model made of durable material;
- Smart features. Choose a model that has the “Follow” and “Return Home” functions. They will help save your nerves and time.
Here are a few drones that beginners will be interested in.
1) Spark. The device is able to stay in the air for up to 16 minutes. Its speed reaches 50 km/h. The drone is able to fly away from the owner for 2 km. The camera of the device is 12 MP.
DJI Spark is suitable for beginners who decide to buy a quadcopter for the first time. The device can be controlled using gestures, which makes it possible to take high-quality selfies. The drone is able to stay in the air for up to 16 minutes, and all photos and videos are in Full HD quality.
2) Mavic Air is capable of staying in the air for up to 21 minutes. The camera resolution of the device is 32 MP. There is a three-axis stabilizer.
Mavic Air is a quality quadcopter that allows you to shoot sports in 4K resolution at 120 fps. The range at which the device can fly from the owner is up to 4 km. The latest assistance system allows the device to automatically avoid obstacles. The quadcopter has a compact size. The device is great for beginners who want to take good pictures and videos.
3) DJI Tello. The kit includes a propeller guard to help protect your device from damage. You can control it using your mobile phone or gestures. There is a “Throw and Go” function — if you throw the drone sharply into the air, it will instantly start flying in automatic mode. The device is able to stay in the air for up to 18 minutes, and flies away from the owner by 100 meters. The camera has a resolution of 720p, but this is quite enough for beginners. A $100 quadcopter is great for kids and adults of all ages.
The best quadcopters for experienced photographers
If you are interested in getting the highest quality picture, then this list of drones is just for you. Let’s take a look at the technical features that such quadcopters should have:
- bitrate and resolution. The better the shooting is, the better the camera is required. Shooting 4K is no longer the ultimate dream. For professional shooting, you need a quadcopter with a bit rate of at least 100 mbps;
- Flight time. Even the best quadcopter is not capable of staying in the air for more than 30 minutes, so always take spare batteries with you;
- Frames per second (fps). For professionals, 60–120 fps is best for taking beautiful photos and videos;
- Mechanical shutter. If shooting at high speeds, then the probability that the effect of “rolling shutter” will turn out is quite high. To avoid this, a mechanical shutter is needed.
Here are a few drones that professional photographers should take a look at.
1) Mavic Pro is capable of staying in the air for up to 27 minutes and has a top speed of 65 km/h. There is a three-axis stabilizer and a 4K camera. Can be removed from the owner for 7 km.
The quadcopter is suitable not only for amateurs and experienced users. All pictures are high quality and beautiful.
2) The Phantom 4 Advanced has the ability to stay in the air for up to 30 minutes. At the same time, it reaches speeds of up to 72 km / h. Able to shoot video in 4K resolution and 60 fps. Can be removed from the owner for 7 km.
Despite the fact that the device has a large size, it is capable of reaching speeds of 72 km / h. In addition, the device has a mechanical shutter for better shooting.
3) The Phantom 4 Pro can stay in the air for up to 30 minutes. It reaches speeds up to 72 km/h. Shoots at 4K resolution and 60 fps. The range at which it is able to move away from a person is 7 km.
The drone is equipped with the latest technology to overcome obstacles from 5 sides. If the standard Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz channel is clogged, the device will automatically switch to the 5.8 GHz channel.
4) The Inspire 2 is capable of staying in the air for up to 27 minutes and has a top speed of 94 km/h. The device is capable of shooting at a resolution of 5.2K / 4K. Can be removed from the owner for 7 km.
If you need material for filming a movie or a video clip, then this quadcopter is perfect for you. With this device, high-quality photos and videos are obtained. If you are interested in a reliable drone, then the Inspire 2 is perfect for you.
Quadcopters for different industries
The devices have been used in the industry for several years. It’s a quick and convenient way to paint an object or do some other task.
How to choose the right quadcopter:
- Functions. The device must have all the functions you need;
- Flight time. Do not forget that the best apparatus is able to spend time in the air for an average of 30 minutes;
- Quality. Industrial drones cost the most because they are made from high quality materials.
Here are a few quadcopters that will suit your purposes.
1) Phantom 4 Pro is a model suitable for shooting objects.
2) Matrice 200 V2 is able to fly even with strong gusts of wind. The model is equipped with an infrared sensor.
3) Inspire 2. Despite the fact that the model is able to spend less time in the air than the M600, it is still a good model for working in the field of agriculture.
4) Agras MG-1P is capable of transporting up to 10 liters at a time on its own. Thanks to the pre-built path flight function, the drone can move independently without your help.
- Don’t be afraid to buy remanufactured DJI quadcopters, they are just as good as new quadcopters;
- Students and teachers of educational institutions can get up to 10% discount on DJI quadcopters;
- If you buy devices in bulk, you will receive a small discount.