For the first time, the Zerotech Hesper quadcopter was talked about in March 2017, then it was remembered in April 2018. It took the developer almost two years for the prototype to become a serial product that could compete with existing proposals on the market. Despite the fact that during this time the world of household UAVs has become an order of magnitude more technologically advanced, judging by the first positive reviews, Zerotech still managed to offer the consumer a worthy competitor at an affordable price.
- Frame size 244mm
- Foldable beam and rotor design
- Foldable control equipment with removable sticks
- Satellite positioning: GPS/GLONASS
- Touch positioning: 1 × ultrasonic + 1 × optical
- 13MP FHD Camera with Remote Tilt Angle (Vertical)
- 1-axis mechanical gimbal coupled with 3-axis EIS
- Control: smartphone / smartphone + control equipment
- FPV at 5.8GHz
- FPV resolution: 720P (at 220m/s delay)
- 2 × Intelligent Modes (Tracking Mode / Orbit Mode
- 4 × preset shooting modes
- Panorama Mode (Vertical/Horizontal)
- Max. horizontal flight speed up to 21km/h
- Max. FPV removal distance 800 meters
- Max. flight time 18 minutes
- Ready to fly out of the box
Zerotech Hesper is offered in two trim levels:
Fly More Combo
Weight (with batteries and screws):
Max takeoff speed:
Max. horizontal flight speed:
Max. flight altitude:
Max. flight time:
Working temperature range:
0 – 40°C
1 × ultrasonic + 1 × optical
1/3.0 inch SONY IMX214
Number of eff. pixels:
FOV 75°; f/2.2
Max photo resolution:
JPEG/DNG/MP4/MOV (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)
15° to -90°
FPV Removal Distance:
800m(with control equipment)/120m(smartphone)
Operating frequency range:
IOS (9.0 and above) / Android (4.3 and above)
lithium polymer (LiPo)
Zerotech Hesper is equipped with brushless motors. The developer does not disclose performance information.
On board Zerotech Hesper is a 13MP FHD camera built on a 1/3.0-inch SONY IMX214 sensor with a remote tilt angle. Installed in a 1-axis mechanical gimbal working in tandem with electronic 3-axis stabilization. Provides photography in max. resolution: 4208 × 3120, video: 1920 × 1080p at 25 fps.
First-person flight for Hesper is implemented via Wi-Fi at a frequency of 5.8 GHz. The picture from the camera is transmitted in real time with a delay of up to 200m/s to a smartphone (IOS/Android) paired with the drone. The quality of the video stream is 720p. Max. remote distance when controlling a smartphone – 120 meters, in combination with control equipment – 800m.
Intelligent shooting modes
Two intelligent modes are available to the user:
– allows the drone to follow the specified target and shoot in automatic mode.
– drone flies and records video around a given point, with a given radius and at a given height.
Pre-programmed shooting modes
There are 4 pre-programmed “QuickShots” modes available, allowing you to realize unique content from the air in automatic mode in one tap:
– the drone flies up, the camera is directed vertically down.
– the drone flies around the target in a circle.
– the drone moves away from the object for shooting at an angle from the bottom up, keeping it in the center of the frame.
– the drone flies upwards in a spiral, keeping the object for shooting in the center of the frame.
There are two options for automatic panorama shooting:
The quadcopter is equipped with an intelligent 2-cell (2S / 7.6V) lithium-polymer battery with a capacity of 1950mAh 16.53Wh. According to the specification in calm weather provides max. flight time – 18 minutes. Hesper electronics monitors the current battery charge in real time and promptly reminds you of the need to return. If the pilot ignores the warning, the drone will automatically go into return mode and return to the take-off point and make a soft landing. The current charge can also be controlled by means of an indication on the battery itself.
The developer completes the drone with sliding control equipment with removable sticks. The sliding mechanism allows pairing with smartphones of any size. Operating frequency range 2.4 / 5.8GHz. Powered by built-in rechargeable battery. Charges with the included charger.
Zerotech Hesper is sold through various Internet trading platforms in two packages:
- Standard – $389
- Fly More Combo – $529
ZeroTech Hesper from $389
- Execution quality
- Folding design
- Satellite and sensor positioning
- FHD shooting quality and stabilization (for a camera on a 1-axis gimbal)
- Shooting modes
- Object Tracking
- First person flight (broadcast quality)
- Flight time
- Ready for FPV flight out of the box
- No 3-axis gimbal
- The camera does not record in 4K
- Can’t recognize obstacles
Another portable solution executed in indicative quality and at an affordable price. Despite the slightly belated release, Hesper’s technological filling allows it to compete with already proven models in the UAV niche. Easy to operate and does not require piloting skills. The potential of the drone will be fully appreciated by lovers of selfies and an active lifestyle. Age limit 14+.
Photo with Quadcopter ZeroTech Hesper.
Video with Quadcopter ZeroTech Hesper.
Video from ZeroTech Hesper (height hold test)