The Typhoon Q500+ quadcopter is one of the first drones from Yuneec International, which managed to win consumer recognition from the first release. After the Typhoon Q500+ was noticed and recognized, Yuneec International quickly got their bearings and released a retrofitted version of the Typhoon Q500 4K drone, which we have already talked about.
The Typhoon Q500+ quadcopter is the undisputed competitor to the famous creation from DJI Innovations, the Phantom 2 series. The Typhoon Q500+ FHD camera CGO2 implemented in a 3-axis gimbal, which can shoot 16MP photos, as well as video in 1920×1080 at 60 fps.
In the kit appeared – STEADYGRIP (previously purchased separately). Allows you to realize high-quality stabilized shooting with a CGO2 camera installed in a 3-axis gimbal from the ground. Two GPS and GLONASS modules are responsible for precise positioning of the Typhoon Q500+.
The drone has Smart modes: Follow Me / Watch Me / Home, as well as Angel mode (electronic assistants are turned off, the angles are maximum, suitable for advanced pilots). Beginners will be able to appreciate a convenient feature that quickly sets the activity of the drone (on the right side of the remote control there is a regulator with an indication in the form of a turtle and a rabbit). The height at which the drone returns home (to the remote control) is limited to 20 meters (not adjustable). The flight qualities of the Typhoon Q500+, like those of the Typhoon Q500 4K, are at their best, the response is sensitive and accurate, you won’t have to get used to it. All programmed drone functions work 100% flawlessly.
There are 2 official packages, one of which is listed below, the other includes an aluminum case for transporting the drone. The difference in price is ≈100$.
- Quadcopter Yuneec Typhoon Q500+
- 16MP 1080p CGO2 camera on 3-axis mechanical gimbal
- 1 × personal ground station (remote control) ST10 2.4GHz/5.8GHz with built-in 5.5″ touch screen
- 1 × handheld ground stabilizer CGO SteadyGrip
- 2 × batteries (3S 11.1V 5400mAh 59.9Wh lithium polymer battery
- 1 × pair of rotors “A”
- 1 × pair of rotors “B”
- 2 × spare pairs of rotors “A” and “B”
- Power supply 220V
- Adaptive charger (with a set of cables for connecting batteries to the charger itself)
- Cable for charging batteries from the car cigarette lighter
- Charger for ST10 equipment
- USB camera and drone firmware upgrade kit
- MicroSD 8GB + adapter (already downloaded on the card: instructions, quick start guide, recommendations, unpacking video, quick start video guide, and new videos with drones
- Transport case for quadrocopter suspension
- Sun visor with suction cups (installed on the remote control display)
- Suspension belt (to the control panel)
- Wrench for installing rotors
- Instructions for StadyGrip
- Instructions for the camera
- LED map (description of the assignment of LED indication modes)
- Manual for Yuneec Typhoon Q500+ quadcopter
Drone weight without battery and camera:
Diagonal length (without propellers):
3S 11.1V 5400mAh LiPo
DC charger for LiPo 3S 11.1V batteries with AC adapter (included)
Max. flight time:
Max. flight altitude:
Max. turning speed:
Max. sink rate:
Max. roll angle:
Max. flight speed:
Angle Mode: 27 km/h
follow me/Watch Me: 35 km/h
Control operating frequency range:
Intelligent/Visual/Return to Home (RTH)
Operating temperature range:
-5℃ to 80℃
Aerial Optimized Fixed Focus
Field of view (FOV):
Poppy. FPV Removal Distance:
FHD 1080p at 60/50/48 fps
Memory (file storage):
microSD “class 10” from 4 to 128GB
Angle Control Accuracy:
Video stream frequency range:
Input operating voltage:
7V to 14V DC
Operating temperature range:
0°C to 50°C
-20℃ to 60℃
Angular vibration range:
Pabout vertical: -90° to 0°
Number of channels:
LCD capacitive multi-touch 5.5 inches
Data transmission range in accordance with the requirements:
Tactile (vibration) and audio feedback:
Built-in LiPo battery (Voltage/Capacity):
Auto-charge via Micro-B USB cable powered by AC adapter or DC 5V (included)
CGO Steady Grip
The weight (without camera and gimbal):
Compatible with Cameras:
The Yuneec Typhoon Q500+ quadrocopter is equipped with brushless motors, Yuneec’s own development, the potential of which is more than enough.
Yuneec Typhoon Q500+ is controlled by a 10-channel ground personal station – ST10 with a built-in 5.5 inch touch screen. Works on Android OS. Control is implemented at an analog frequency of 2.4GHz, video stream reception at 5.8GHz. Provides a maximum FPV removal distance of 600m. Powered by built-in battery 3.6V/5200mAh 18.72Wh. Charging from the supplied charger.
The Yuneec Typhoon Q500+ quadrocopter is currently out of production. We recommend that you turn your attention to a more advanced model – Typhoon Q500 4K.
Yuneec Typhoon Q500+
- Flight qualities
- Pre-programmed flight modes
- CGO SteadyGrip included
- GLONASS/GPS (positioning accuracy)
- 5.8GHz FPV
- Camera + 3-axis gimbal (image quality / easy mounting / dismounting)
- Broadcast video from the camera 5.8G / Wi-Fi (to any gadget)
- Built-in 5.5 inch touch screen (Display quality)
- Friendly with GoPRO cameras
- Doesn’t fly to points
- There is no indication of the current charge on the battery
Yuneec Typhoon Q500+ noticeably outperforms its competitors in terms of functionality, price and best quality, but it also loses to them in the absence of the possibility of improving the drone. Yuneec Typhoon Q500+ is for those who value quality, convenience and comfort first of all.
Photo with Yuneec Typhoon Q500+ quadrocopter.
Video with Yuneec Typhoon Q500+ quadrocopter.