Wingsland was founded in Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province, China. The company’s goal is to change the world through new technologies implemented in its own products. We have accumulated vast experience in the field of unmanned aerial vehicles for the military and consumer markets.
In the list of top products of the company: Scarlet Minivet/Wingsland S6/Wingsland K3/Wingsland M5 drones; Wingsland Vipro HG 3-axis brushless steadicam, and Echo Remote Control (works with all drone models).
Attention! There are currently two versions of the drone on sale: Wingsland S6 V1 and Wingsland S6 V2. The old version “V1” is a beta version that was not intended for sale outside of China and does not have an upgradable firmware. The manufacturer does not recommend purchasing it. The main difference between “V1” and “V2” is that the latter has an additional GPS module located at the top of the drone.
- Drone weight with battery 230g
- 3 × processors
- Positioning GPS/GLONASS
- Positioning sensors for indoor flight
- Max. horizontal speed flight 29km/h
- Max. flight time 10 minutes
- Max removal distance 100m
- Voice control
- 1106 4300KV BC motors
- 13MP 4K camera
- 4 × flight modes
- 6 × intelligent functions
- 4 × additional accessories
- Multifunctional application WINGSLAND Fly
- Drone Wingsland S6
- Battery 2S 7.6V, 1400mAh 10.64Wh LiPo
- 4 × rotors (mounted on the drone)
- 4 × spare rotors
- USB cable
- Rotor installation tool
- Instruction (Chinese and English)
2 × ultrasonic sensors + 1 × optical sensor
Auto takeoff/landing function:
Intelligent flight modes:
brushless type 1106 4300KV
2S 7.6V 1400mAh 10.64Wh LiPo
up to 10 minutes
Max. flight altitude:
Range of flight:
Max. horizontal flight speed:
up to 29km/h
Dimensions in flight condition:
Weight including battery:
1/3.06″ CMOS 13MP
Video recording modes:
4K: 3840 × 2160 at 30 fps;
Maximum photo resolution:
Operating frequency range:
Image quality in real time:
IOS 8.0 (or later), Android 4.4 (or later)
About the product
The consumer Wingsland S6 comes in a quality package at the level of Apple. The drone itself is packed in a box in a kind of transparent case. The build quality of the WS6 is comparable to premium niche drones. Design and compactness deserve special attention, modern trends are clearly traced. It is hard to believe that as many as 3 processors are hiding in such a thin case. The developer offers WS6 in several colors: Camouflage, Green Blood, Metallic Silver, Banana, Fresh Orange, Subtle Acqua, and for sure in the future the range of individualization will be significantly expanded.
It is also worth noting additional accessories that can be separately equipped with the Wingsland S6 drone. This is a multiply charged gun that shoots 8mm balls, an LED spotlight with various glow modes, an Emoji display on which you can display messages or “bright” characters, and, in our opinion, the most demanded accessory in the future is a system of infrared sensors (360 °) that allow the S6 to fly around obstacles in “Follow me” mode. Why in the future, and therefore, unlike other accessories, this one will go on sale a little later.
The Wingsland S6 drone is equipped with brushless motors of the type: 1106 4300KV with a motor shaft blocking protection system.
On board the drone is a 13MP 4K camera built on a 1/3.06-inch CMOS matrix, with a viewing angle of 117° and an aperture of f/2.2. Provides shooting in two modes: UHD/FHD at 30/60 frames per second. 3-axis electronic stabilization (EIS) is responsible for a stable image.
Wingsland S6 is equipped with a two-cell 1400mAh 10.64Wh lithium-polymer battery. According to the specification, it provides a maximum flight time of 10 minutes. The battery charging time is about 2 hours.
In terms of control, nothing has changed here, like all known selfie drones, Wingsland S6 is controlled by a smartphone / tablet on IOS / Android through the WINGSLAND Fly application. For fans of the classic control method, the developer offers a remote control that is vaguely reminiscent of the Mavic Pro equipment. If desired, it can always be purchased separately for a price of about $ 100.
In addition to full drone control, the application allows you to edit the received photo and video material (adding subtitles, combining frames, overlaying music), as well as instantly transfer the footage to various resources and instant messengers.
Autonomous features and flight modes
- Auto take off and auto landing – the drone takes off and lands in one tap on the corresponding icon on the gadget display.
- Flips – Effortlessly carries out coups. It’s simple, one tap = one coup.
- Auto return home – automatically returns to the take-off point when the battery charge is low, and in case of signal loss.
- point of interest – the drone automatically flies around the paired mobile device at a specified height and distance.
- follow me – after activation, the drone automatically follows the paired mobile device.
- Photo 360° – after activation, the drone will rotate around its axis and at the same time take 12 photos, which will subsequently be mounted into one large panoramic frame.
- beginner mode – beginner mode, drone activity 50%.
- standard mode – the standard mode in which the full potential of the drone is available.
- Home lock mode – By activating this mode, the drone will lock to the takeoff point, by moving the control stick left or right, the drone will circle around this point.
- Course Lock Mode – this mode disables the orientation of the drone in space, the principle of operation is similar to the well-known “Headless mode”.
In the test, it showed excellent stability and positioning accuracy, both outdoors using GPS / Glonass, and indoors using optical and ultrasonic sensors. The control is predictable and accurate. All functions and modes work flawlessly, no comments were found.
The quality of shooting as a whole corresponds to the one stated in the manufacturer’s specification, no special remarks were revealed at the time of the test. The disadvantages include the slightly noticeable work of 3-axis electronic image stabilization, if the drone was not so stable in flight, then the entire potential of the camera would be nullified. The flight time also corresponds to the declared 10 minutes, and to be precise from 7-10 minutes, depending on the style of piloting.
As noted above, the manufacturer offers a number of additional accessories in the form of a payload. Each of them is mounted on top of the drone through a special contact port using an adapter. All accessories have feedback and are controlled from a gadget paired with the drone. The price range of each varies from $20-50.
All-Around Obstacle Sensing & Avoidance system – an infrared sensor system that provides the drone with the ability to detect and fly around obstacles when performing the “Follow me” function. This accessory is able to detect objects from all sides: from above, straight ahead, behind, left and right. (Coming soon)
The Wingsland S6 quadrocopter is sold through all known Internet trading platforms at an average price of $200.
Wingsland S6 $200
- Design / Color range
- Compact/Foldable design
- High-performance electronic filling (working accuracy)
- Satellite and sensor positioning
- Camera (capture quality)
- Obstacle detection and avoidance accessory
- Offline Modes & Features/Voice Activation
- Flight time
- No registration required/Ready to fly out of the box
- Doesn’t recognize faces
- Poor electronic image stabilization
- Camera angle cannot be changed
Well, what can I say, another premium selfie drone. The hallmark of the drone is its compactness and design, but if it starts flying around obstacles correctly in the future, it will be able to compete with the best of the best in the UAV niche. In general, if you do not find fault with the EIS, the user of the Wingsland S6 will always be able to actively fly in first person mode and get a high-quality selfie from the best angle, and the small size and foldable design will allow you to always keep the drone with you. Age limit 14+.
Photo taken with Wingsland S6 selfie drone.
Promo video from the developer.
Full review by Dustin Dunnill.
Video shot by Wingsland S6 selfie drone.