Finally! Chinese drone manufacturer DJI today released a long-awaited firmware update for the Mavic 3. The new firmware unlocks all the remaining features of the drone that were announced on the day of the official announcement of the model, but for a number of reasons were not activated. Further details about the new firmware.
General information about the firmware
- The date: 2022.01.24
- Drone Firmware: v01.00.0500
- Control equipment firmware: v04.13.0500
- DJI Fly app version for iOS: v1.5.8
- DJI Fly app version for Android: v1.5.8
- Added QuickShots modes including Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, Boomerang and Asteroid.
- Added “Panorama” mode, which allows you to shoot in high resolution.
- Added burst shooting.
- Added digital zoom for normal video shooting.
- Added Color Display Assist for D‑Log.
- Added 4K/60fps shooting and manual EI setting for MasterShots.
- Added QuickTransfer function.
- Added zoom and D‑Log for FocusTrack when recording video.
- Added support for setting return height for Advanced RTH.
- Added USB mode for Mavic 3 Cine to copy data.
- Optimized color accuracy.
- Increased the sharpness of the Tele camera image when shooting at high magnification.
- Optimized the image area for Timelapse photos.
- Added support for DJI RC Pro to output pure HDMI frames.
- Added DJI RC Pro support for video caching and uploading source video to an external SD card.
- Added support for using DJI RC Pro with DJI AIR 2S.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Added features require DJI Fly v1.5.8 or later.
- USB mode will be disabled after firmware update. Users can turn it back on in DJI Fly.
- If the update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 and try again.
- For more visual and detailed instructions on successfully updating the DJI Mavic 3 firmware, watch the video below.
Video instruction from the developer to update the firmware of the drone Mavic 3 (Cine).