New reinforced battery
Tattu/GensAce batteries have a good reputation in the drone racing world. And it would seem, what could be better? However, the developers confidently said, maybe they announced a new line of R‑Line V5.0 batteries, which, as Tattu assures, were strengthened by an in-house developed technology called Al Boehmite (Boehmite is aluminum oxyhydroxide).
Tattu claims that this technology, compared to that used in previous versions of their batteries, increases the rate of discharge, increases flight time, reduces risks in the event of an impact, reduces heat generation and reduces weight.
What did the drone racing pros say?
- Alex Vanover: V5 is going well! I like 1200 for freestyle! The battery is very stable. I think I will switch to 1200 6S for general piloting.
- Konstantin Sonnentag: V5s also retain quality better as the number of cycles increases. For example, after the first 15–20 cycles, I can say that there is almost no drop in performance… When I pressed hard, the voltage dropped to about 22V, but then remained at this level for 1:30 minutes, very impressive.
- Ashton Gamble: Absolutely blown away by the amount of consistent power from both the 1400 and 1200. I was blown away by how well the 1200 can fly! Because it’s so light, you can run on significantly less throttle and turn very hard.
- Alex Zamora: The batteries are very good, they hold a charge perfectly for a minute without stopping to give the drone gas.
- Niklas Solle: V5 restores power a little faster.
What is R Line?
R‑Line is a brand new product line specifically designed for professional drone racing competitions. It has higher power, lower internal resistance and lower seating temperature. They are more powerful than any graphene batteries. In general, R‑Line batteries have the same characteristics as our popular Toppilot batteries. There are different R‑Line versions to meet the needs of different FPV racing competitions.
Price and availability
The latest batteries are already available for purchase on the Tattu GensAce website, in the 1200 mAh 6S 150C version with an XT60 connector (7.8 × 4 × 3.4 cm with a weight of 197 grams) and in the 1400 mAh 6S 150C XT60 version (7.8 × 3.9 × 4.2 cm with a weight of 222 grams). Price: 42€ for the 1200mAh version and 48€ for the 1400mAh version.