Lives are at risk when a special police squad enters a risky search of buildings and premises. In order to minimize all kinds of risks when searching for potentially dangerous subjects, as well as establishing communication with them in a knowingly excluding conflict situation, it is necessary to use completely new high-tech tools. The American company BRINC Drones, which specializes in the development and production from scratch of tactical robots for SWAT police special forces, has developed and presented its new solution, a special all-weather tactical drone – LEMUR, which allows you to break windows, open doors and negotiate with suspects for 10 hours.
Key features of the LEMUR tactical all-weather drone mentioned by the developer:
- Drone flight weight: 1.1 kg
- Dimensions: 32.4 × 38.6 × 9.6 cm
- Built on a high strength carbon frame with PA6 reinforced nylon ring guards
- Degree of protection IP24
- Powerful propulsion system (3G – max. acceleration; 1.5G – max. vertical acceleration)
- Max. horizontal flight speed 80.5 km/h
- Operating temperature range -29°C to 49°C
- New battery technology based on lithium-ion batteries
- Max. flight time 31 minutes
- Standby time up to 10 hours
- Interchangeable high-resolution hybrid FPV camera (together with the on-board lighting system, it allows you to see and record material in zero light conditions)
- Virtually zero latency, high penetration, encrypted wireless video transmission system with over 13km FPV flight range and multi-receiver capability.
- High-bandwidth encrypted 2-way wireless (AES 128 encryption standard + other secret technologies together forming a single secure communication ecosystem)
- 2 × high-performance loudspeakers with adjustable volume (for realizing feedback; operating range: from 1-152 meters)
- Built-in microphone
- Frontal LED and infrared lighting system
- Pilot assistance based on lidar
- Universal quick-release mount for mounting on board various payloads (Dropping Device / Visible + Infrared Illumination Module / Glass Breaker / Droptable Signal Repeater / Powerful Tactical Strobe Light)
- Dropping device (allows you to mount on board the drone and remotely drop various kinds of loads weighing up to 450 grams)
- Glass breaker (glass breaker) – an effective payload for the destruction of glazing (tempered, automotive and most household glasses). The glass breaker rotates at speeds up to 30,000 rpm, which allows the drone to penetrate buildings and structures. The glass breaker is easily mounted on board by means of a payload mount with three screws.
- Turtle mode (Turtle Mode) – allows the operator to remotely return the drone to its pre-flight state when the drone capsizes.
The LEMUR tactical drone will include:
- Control equipment
- fpv goggles
- 3 × battery
- Drone Battery Charger
- Battery charger for control equipment
- Spare Prop Kit
- Companion Tool
- Transport waterproof case
The drone is controlled by a patented portable controller built on a carbon fiber frame with thoughtful ergonomics. Equipped with CNC machined aluminum hall sensor stabilizers. The built-in 7-inch LCD touch screen is used as information output. It is based on a powerful radio-controlled transceiver with high penetrating power.
Visualization of FPV flight
The latest peripheral VR headset based on the best hobby FPV goggles from the Croatian company ORQA. Perfectly adapted for excellent piloting and focusing in adverse operating conditions. It is noted that the drone’s video system can transmit video streams to multiple receivers, including VR headsets and/or ground station monitors.
The developer notes that LEMUR is ready to take on any challenge. The drone is not only able to withstand drops from over 12 meters, it can also climb and descend stairs, crash into walls, and fly through rain and snow. Based on the declared potential, the drone will be indispensable in such areas of activity of special state structures as intelligence, monitoring, law enforcement, rescue and search, emergency situations.
The BRINC LEMUR tactical all-weather drone is sold through BRINC Drones own sources. The price entirely depends on the configuration. It is known that the cost of the top kit can reach up to 8,999 US dollars.
Video from the developer.