While many police, fire and government agencies use drones as part of their protection and maintenance duties, not all drones meet the required requirements. Battery power alone severely limits service missions, not to mention additional equipment that can expand their potential. Problems of this kind will be solved in the near future with the help of hybrid technologies.
The Sonin Hybrid Recruit is a revolutionary drone from the Atlanta-based drone manufacturer with a horizontal flight speed of 225 km/h, designed exclusively for first responders. At the heart of the drone is no longer a new hybrid technology that combines the advantages of battery and fuel (electric motors + batteries + gasoline generator), providing an autonomy of more than three hours and allowing you to reach speeds three times faster than most of the fastest commercial drones available today. With its enhanced capabilities, Sonin Hybrid Recruit will keep first responders safe and expand their missions.
The Recruit drone uses the patented Sonin Hybrid system, which is built on the basis of a gasoline generator that provides stable recharging of the drone’s battery during flight. The Recruit is also equipped with a high-tech payload, including a 4K video camera with 30x optical/12x digital zoom with fixed and mobile target tracking capabilities, a forward infrared (FLiR) night vision camera, loudspeakers, a searchlight and a range of additional sensors for rapid response missions. Combined with carbon fiber, a lightweight air body and Sonin’s hybrid system, the Recruit can fly longer and faster than traditional drones.
“While we were finalizing our hybrid drone power system, we realized that we could get the maximum range by designing our own fuselage,” said Curtis Foster, founder of Sonin Hybrid. “The next question was: for whom? There have been many commercial drones, but very few have been specifically built for first responders. Long before the pandemic hit, we decided that the police and fire departments needed this technology the most, and we immediately set about building Recruit.”
Key features of the Recruit drone:
- 3 assignment options: Police / Ministry of Emergency Situations / Armed Forces
- Revolutionary fuselage design
- The most stable, roll-over resistant retractable landing gear in the industry
- Industry Leading Efficient Hybrid Power Generation System
- Autonomy over 3 hours
- Max. horizontal flight speed 225 km/h; Cruise speed 96 km/h
- Made in the USA, including flight control system/autopilot
- Dedicated stabilized 4K camera with auto position correction for the pilot
- HD camera with 30x optical + 12x digital zoom suspended in 360-degree 3-axis gimbal
- Industry Leading Night Vision/Infrared Camera
- 6000 lumens spotlight
- Loudspeaker with an audible range of 5 km with the possibility of online broadcast or pre-recorded message / siren
- Choice of on-board flashing LED lights: Red/Blue, Red/White or Yellow/White flashing LED lights
- Over half a dozen patents on embedded technology
Drone Sonin Hybrid Recruit for police
Drone Sonin Hybrid Recruit for the Ministry of Emergency Situations
Drone Sonin Hybrid Recruit for aircraft
Sonin Hybrid is currently known to be running several beta programs with police and firefighters around the country to finally determine which capabilities are most important for first responders. For the average citizen, the increased use of drones means shorter response times and better trained public safety personnel in emergencies, which is what the developer will be looking for in the first place.
Source: Sonin Hybrid.