In order to save you time, we inform you that according to the latest insider information, DJI Innovations has no plans to develop Phantom series drones, explaining that the time for large consumer models has passed, giving way to new portable high-tech drones of the Mavic series.
Nevertheless, if we rely on the long-term behavioral factor of the company, in terms of its variability to previously made decisions, no one has canceled the possibility of the revival of the legend! We will continue to monitor the topic, and if anything changes, we will let you know. The information below is considered obsolete!
This page will be constantly updated with rumors and official news regarding Phantom Series 5.
Today, it is DJI Innovation that sets new trends in the field of consumer UAVs, and looking at ready-made models, it is difficult to imagine that you can add innovation to a drone that will be called the Phantom 5. According to search statistics for the keyword “DJI Phantom 5”, the fifth series is one of the most anticipated in the hobby for several years now.
Alleged DJI Phantom 5 release date:
Features DJI Phantom 5 (Pro)
Friends, the release date of the long-awaited drone from DJI Innovation is approaching, and the closer it is, the more information becomes known about the expected product. We invite you to familiarize yourself with the new details about the fifth series of Phantom, which are currently the most likely.
- Name: according to rumors, the drone will not be called Phantom 5, as previously expected, but immediately Phantom 5 Pro.
- Battery – as previously reported, there will be two batteries, so far, there is nothing about their characteristics, except for empty rumors. The power supply will have a heating system that will be automatically activated when the ambient temperature drops below the optimum.
- Camera – will have a new type of 360° gimbal that allows you to shoot high-quality photos and videos even at maximum speeds up to 90 km/h. In addition, she will receive a number of interchangeable Zoom-lenses, allowing you to shoot in various modes from HD to 4K at speeds from 30-240 frames per second.
- Flight time – on a single charge will be at least 30 minutes in mixed piloting mode. Accordingly, in the case of paired battery operation, max. time can reach 45-50 minutes.
- Equipment – will receive a FHD video link with zero delay at a range of 8 km or more. Changes in flight modes will also be affected. P (positioning) mode: will be able to fix all the settings and functions of the drone, thereby allowing the five to reach a flight speed of up to 35 km / h. S mode (sports) will allow the drone to reach maximum speed, but with less battery consumption. Mode A (attitude): here the changes will be minimal, and will affect only the accuracy of determining the occupied altitude and manual control.
- CPU – P5 will get a completely new four-core processor.
- Positioning – P5 will receive a number of duplicating systems, in particular a compass and EMU sensors.
- Dimensions P5: 40.6×20.3×30.5cm.
Insider images of the new interchangeable lens camera installed on board the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian for testing purposes. It was assumed that she was supposed to stand on the fifth phantom:
- According to rumors, Phantom 5 will receive a sensor system in tandem with artificial intelligence. Such a complex will allow the drone to literally see 360 ° and accurately fly around any obstacles, and max. the safe flight speed will reach 55 km/h.
- There will be a number of completely new flight modes, which in turn will closely interact with the old ones.
- A new Companion App will appear, allowing you to quickly connect to your gadget (smartphone / tablet) to access full quality photos and videos already captured from the drone.
- There will be software for full-fledged editing of the captured photo and video material (text overlay, music, etc.)
- A visual navigation mode will appear (360° sensor positioning only) that will work with any other intelligent flight mode.
- The “Follow me” mode will be improved, eliminating any possibility of losing an object from the field of view of P5.
- The new “Autonomy” mode will allow the pilot to fully concentrate on shooting while the drone is flying in a straight line.
- An “FPV racing kit” retrofit kit will be added, which will be more efficient and advanced than existing offerings.
- P5 gets new customizable RGB LED lighting
- P5 will receive a completely new look and color scheme.
- The power plant of the drone will be finalized, which will become noticeably quieter. According to rumors, the engines will be slightly higher compared to the previous series (P4), in order to exclude any entry into the frame at maximum flight speeds, plus the P5 will receive an effective emergency braking system.
- The DJI GO app will be significantly improved, which will be able to warn the pilot about all violations of the flight rules, such as violation of the “No fly zone” boundaries, exceeding the permissible speed, etc.
- For convenient and easy transportation, the transport case will also be finalized. Rumor has it that it will be lighter and more durable.
Price DJI Phantom 5 (Pro)
The estimated price of the Phantom 5 (Pro) is from 44.
This video was posted by DJI on their YouTube channel. November 3, 2015