The Syma X8C quadcopter is one of the best-selling models, mainly due to the similar external features with the high-tech DJI Phantom 1(2). Made of high quality and durable plastic. It has impressive dimensions and good flight characteristics. The main purpose of the drone is amateur aerial photography.
- 6 axis gyroscope
- 2MP camera
- Headless Mode
- Flips 360º
- LED backlight
- Control frequency 2.4GHz
- Quadcopter Syma X8C
- Battery 2S 7.4V 2000mAh LiPo
- Control equipment 2.4GHz (powered by 4 × AA 1.5V sold separately)
- Charger for drone battery
- Power supply for charger
- 2MP camera
- MicroSD card 4GB
- card reader
- 4 × rotors
- 4 × spare rotors
- 4 × rotor protection
- 4 × landing legs
- Instruction (in English and )
White /Black /Orange
6 axis gyroscope
Number of channels:
Control equipment power supply:
4 × AA 1.5V (sold separately)
microSD 4GB (included)
2S 7.4V 2000mAh LiPo
Max. flight time:
Range of flight:
≈ 200 min
Quadcopter Syma X8C is available in three colors: White / Black / Orange.
The quadcopter is equipped with classic collector motors with torque transmission through a gearbox. In practice, they have proven themselves from the best side, provide demonstrative traction in the UAV occupied niche. The developer does not specify information about performance.
The Syma X8C comes with a 2MP camera, and the picture quality is below average. For high-quality aerial photography of landscapes is absolutely not suitable. Storage of photo and video material is carried out using the included 4GB micro SD card, pre-installed in the camera. The card reader will allow you to easily transfer everything to your PC.
For this model of a quadrocopter, it will be the best, the camera should be purchased separately. Our choice: Mobius MINI or Firefly Q6.
Syma X8C is equipped with a 2S 7.4V 2000mAh 25C lithium polymer battery. In practice, with the camera switched off, max. the flight time was 10 minutes, with the camera turned on, it is reduced to 7 minutes. Charging time from the supplied charger is 3 hours 30 minutes.
The Syma X8C quadcopter is equipped with classic 4-channel control equipment operating at a frequency of 2.4GHz. Provides a distance of up to 200 meters in an interference-free area. Power is supplied from 4 × 1.5V finger batteries (purchased separately).
The Syma X8C quadcopter in the test showed distinctive dynamics and controllability for a budget segment drone. More than enough power to lift any GoPro camera without any loss of flight performance. In management obedient, beginners will appreciate. There are 2 activity modes “Low” and “High”. Flips performs without failures, the return to the transmitter function worked without any special remarks.
- To take advantage of the full potential of the device’s flight performance, it is important to calibrate the drone’s compass after each battery connection. This is due to the fact that Syma is equipped with the simplest electronics, which is not able to remember the pre-flight settings. After turning off the power, all settings will be reset! It is necessary to carry out pre-flight calibration on an absolutely horizontal surface! (use the level in any of its performance).
- Power up the quadcopter
- Install the quad on a horizontal surface
- Activate control equipment
- Bring both sticks to the lower right position and hold for about 2-3 seconds, paying attention to the drone’s backlight, it will start flashing. Wait for the backlight to change from blinking to solid. Calibration completed.
- If you notice that the quadcopter has stopped producing optimal thrust, and its activity has become more sluggish (with a fully charged battery), it is recommended to purchase new motors and the drone will begin to realize its full flight potential again. In order to get the best traction, amateurs install improved G-motors instead of stock C-motors. Such an upgrade will allow the drone to be equipped with a 2-axis non-ferrous gimbal, which was an exception on stock motors.
- The main rotors on budget category quadcopters, as a rule, always require mandatory balancing in order to get rid of “jelly” and vibrations at the time of aerial photography.
The most frequently asked questions regarding the Syma X8C quadcopter and the 8-series in general.
– question; Oh is the answer.
Q. Is there FPV on Syma X8C?
Q. Is it possible to equip
B / C – motors?
A. It is possible, but it is not economically feasible, because the amount that will have to be spent on modernization will be enough for a quite good budget drone on BC motors.
Q. What is the payload capacity of the Syma X8C stock quadcopter?
A. Up to 150 grams without significant loss in handling.
Q. Will Syma cameras fit?
to Syma X8C?
A. It will do.
Q. Can the Syma X8C be retrofitted with a 2-axis or 3-axis gimbal?
A. No, because not enough traction stock motors. Amateurs solve the issue by replacing with G – motors.
Q. How to distinguish “G – motor” from “C – motor”?
A. Determined by the force of attraction of the magnets. G – the motors are attracted much stronger.
Q. How to turn on
A. Hold down the expense button (left button on the front of the equipment) until you hear a beep.
Q. What is the difference between “Mode 1” and “Mode 2”?
A. Mode 1 – left stick “Gas”, right stick “Control”. Mode 2 – left stick “Control”, right stick “Gas”.
Q. How do I switch between “Mode 1” and “Mode 2”?
A. Hold the trimmer under the right stick in the right position and at the same time turn on the power of the remote control. The remote control will beep and the display will show “Mode 2”. In the same order to change to “Mode 1”.
Q. Does the battery indicator displayed on the remote control indicate the battery capacity of the quadcopter?
Oh no. Since the equipment works in one-way mode with the drone, therefore, it does not receive any incoming signals.
Q. How to transfer the equipment to the “long-range mode” of operation?
A. In stock, the equipment is usually set to “home mode” (flashing antenna reception symbol on the equipment display). In this mode, the removal distance is not large. To switch to “long-range” mode, you must:
- With the equipment turned off, raise and hold the trimmer (to the left of the right stick), at the same time turn the power button of the equipment to the “On” position.
- Then move the left stick up and down at the same time. The antenna reception indicator on the equipment display will change from flashing to permanently lit.
On various Internet trading platforms, the price for the Syma X8C quadrocopter varies from $53-89.
Syma X8C from $53
- Execution quality
- Control (Operation of 6-Axis Gyro)
- load capacity
- LED backlight
- Collector motors (small resource)
- Camera (capture quality)
- Doesn’t like windy weather
- Rotor balancing required
Syma developers did their best as always, the X8C turned out to be a good vertical thrust, controllable, stable and more beautifully stable drone. It will easily cope with amateur aerial photography, provided that it is equipped with a good camera and gimbal. Suitable as the first drone with an emphasis on aerial photography. Age limit 14+.
Photo with Syma X8C quadcopter.
Video with quadcopter Syma X8C.