The possible emergence of a new multifunctional control hardware with an integrated screen, which was supposed to be compatible with FiMi’s X8SE series drones, we learned back in September 2021, when the company mentioned it through a single render image as part of the announcement of the revised FiMi X8 SE 2022. Time went on, but the developer stubbornly kept silent, and if not everyone, then many in the hobby had the opinion that FiMi probably postponed its launch on the back burner.
However, contrary to all pessimistic expectations, after almost nine months, the company again started talking about the new product. Meet FiMi TX10! Built on the Fimi RokLink protocol, which confirms the previously declared compatibility with X8SE series drones (compatibility with older X8 models is not specified).
Really such narrowly focused compatibility?
Apparently, the manufacturer is also considering other options for using the new app, since the technical data sheet indicates the RX10 radio receiver, which in turn can be used with PX4 hardware and software, APM, Ardupilot, iNav, etc., interact via MavLink, control servos and other payloads… The RX10 operates in the 2.4 GHz band, and provides max. signal transmission range up to 10 km.
In the list of announced features of the newly minted TX10:
- Equipped with GNSS system based on GPS (USA), Glonass (USA) and Beidou (China).
- Built-in 5.5-inch FHD screen with 1000 nits brightness.
- 4G Nano SIM slot for accessing online services, maps, etc.
- The interface is implemented on the basis of Android 9.0 operating system, which is supported by Qualcomm’s 8-core processor, which predetermines the ability to run applications such as QGroundControl and Andropilot.
- Equipped with many buttons, knobs, switches and potentiometers. The control sticks are removable for ease of transport.
- Equipped with HDMI connector for streaming signal to an external display.
- There is a port for a microSD card.
- Equipped with a built-in microphone and a 3.5 mm external microphone jack, which will allow the operator to broadcast audio messages through the newly announced additional speaker module that comes with the X8SE 2022 V2.
- The built-in USB-C battery with a capacity of 4,800 mAh is responsible for power, which is enough for about 4 hours of operation.
- Ability to pair equipment for better teamwork (drone/payload).
Availability and price
Today, everything here remains the same. Neither the release dates nor the prices have been announced by the developer. So to be continued!
FiMi X8 SE V2 + FiMi TX10 flight test.