DJI’s first competitor
If you decide to equip your quad with a digital video communication system, and at the same time do not consider the digital FPV ecosystem from DJI Innovations as an upgrade option, then one of the alternative solutions that allows you to get an equivalent video stream quality (720p at 60 fps) today is the newly minted system HDzero Freestyle Digital HD 1W by Divimath Semiconductor Co. Ltd, whose product range has changed markedly since the end of the developer’s collaboration with FatShark. More details about the product below.
- Weight (including passive cooler): 28 g
- Dimensions: 40 × 42 × 10 mm
- Power: 4S to 6S (See “Important Notes” specification below)
- Slave. frequency range: 5.8GHz
- The case acts as a passive cooler
- VTX Power: 25/200/1000mW
- Video stream quality: 720p at 60 fps
- Latency: 0ms
- HDZero Freestyle VTX Digital Video Transmitter
- U.FL antenna
HDZero Freestyle VTX
holes M3 30 × 30 mm
Slave. frequency range:
25mW, 200mW, 1000mW (out of the box)
MSP Canvas Mode:
5.5 – 17V
6 – 15 W
Slave. temperature range:
1. Do not connect VTX directly to 5S/6S battery. Use 2S-4S VBAT, or the included BEC, or FC with built-in BEC: The Freestyle VTX consumes up to 15W. If it is connected to a FC with a built-in BEC output, make sure the BEC has enough current. For example, if the BEC is 10V, it will require a minimum of 1.5A of output current.
2. Removing the radiator is not recommended as it is part of the design.
The VTX Freestyle Digital HD 1W is available for pre-order for $99 (estimated launch date: early March). The developer implements the video transmitter through various online stores, such as: Drone-FPV-Racer, GetFPV, Flyfive33.
Top reviews from users
A detailed review and flight test of the HDZero Freestyle Digital HD 1W digital video transmitter.