The Money Shot Whoop Lifter Y6 builds on the technology, component selection and build quality that made the predecessor Money Shot Mini the go-to model for professional drone filmmakers. The new iteration features a full carbon fiber frame with propeller guards, allowing the platform to be safely used in challenging, cramped environments. The Y6 design type is a hexacopter based on not six beams, but three, each of which is connected to a pair of coaxially mounted 2808 motors (total 6 motors) working in tandem with 7-inch propellers. The drone is powered by a 6S LiPo battery.
This approach provides significant thrust, controllability and flight efficiency compared to other Cinewhoop drones on the market. The Money Shot Whoop Lifter Y6 is capable of carrying any full-size cine camera with a lens weighing up to 1.58 kg and providing a maximum cruising time of 5 minutes. Flight characteristics are smooth and predictable. Maintaining altitude is very easy, requiring minimal throttle stick adjustment. Whoop Lifter operates on the INAV system with a full fail-safe RTH return to the take-off point and position holding. The operator can also disable GPS positioning for indoor flights.
Drone Whoop Lifter Y6 (RED Comodo 6K not included).
Full list of model features from the developer:
- Lightweight carbon frame with ring protection for the power plant
- Robust landing leg design
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor flying
- Max. recommended payload (camera + lens) 1.58 kg
- Has no restrictions on the type of camera and the combination of lenses used. Equip the drone with anything within the allowable payload (For example: Red Komodo, Zcam, Black Magic Pocket 6K, GH5 and others).
- Fully working RTH mode available with automatic position hold
- High Efficiency Power System
- Max. flight time 5 minutes (6S 5100mAh 95C)
- Possibility of power connection with XT90 and AS150 connectors
- FPV camera angle indicator
- Camera angle adjustment from 0 to 30 degrees
- Remote USB access to the flight controller
- 12V DC (VDC), 14V DC (VDC), or 16V DC (VDC) output power module for cinema camera
- The Most Reliable FPV CineWoop Drone on the Planet
- Crystal clear 720P HD FPV system
- Crossfire’ Diversity Radio Link
- OSD information displayed: voltage of one flight block bank, drone name, total number of GPS satellites found, GPS coordinates, drone speed and distance from the takeoff site.
- Every item sold is extensively tested before shipping.
- Full technical support throughout the life of your Money Shot Whoop Lifter
- Repair services available. If you break it we’ll fix it
- Assembly, testing and support from Spring Texas, USA
- BNF does not include: Rechargeable LiPo battery, control equipment and FPV HD goggles
The developer mentions two configurations assembled based on the preferences of the customer:
- BNF (included: drone; assembled and configured)
- RTF (included: drone (assembled and configured), control equipment, battery, DJI FPV HD glasses)
Diagonal frame size (from motor-1 to motor-3):
6S drone weight (without battery and camera):
Number of motors:
Max. continuous current 6S system:
Max. peak current 6S system:
Max. number of revolutions 6S of the power plant without load:
32,400 rpm at 24VDC
Suggested 6S capacity:
4500 – 6000 mAh
Suggested 6S C-rating:
LiPo connector option #1:
AS150 (7 mm; installed as standard)
LiPo connector option #2:
XT90 (4.5mm; installed as standard)
LiPo Charging Cable:
Custom Adapter Kit AS150 ⟷ XT60
Camera Power Module
Max. continuous current:
Voltage selection options:
Fast incoming current logic control to automatically control and prevent catastrophic overload conditions
Related information for the consumer
- The drone is not adapted to work with cameras with mechanical image stabilization “IBIS”
- Compatible FPV Goggles (sold separately): DJI FPV Goggles
- Compatible control equipment (not included in BNF kit): FrSky w/Crossfire Micro TX Module, TBS Tango, Jumper w/Crossfire Micro TX Module, Radiomaster T16S w/Crossfire Micro TX Module
- Available flight modes: Acro (aka “Rate”)
- Flight controller software: INAV
- Control equipment and related components included in the RTF kit: FrSky X9D Plus Special Edition, Crossfire V2 Micro Tx Module, Crossfire Diamond Antenna. The control equipment is fully configured and tied to the drone (This is a special order. Contact us for more information).
Price and availability
Money Shot Whoop Lifter Y6 is now available for purchase. The developer sells the drone anywhere in the world, exclusively through its own resources. To discuss the configuration and order a drone, you need to contact the developer through the contact form of the official website. The BNF starter kit will cost the consumer $3,399.
Developer about the company
Moneyshot Cinema is a DBA owned and operated by Catalyst Machineworks LLC, a small family business based in Spring, Texas. They started their activity at the beginning of 2015 and currently consist of only a few people.
The business is owned by two best friends and longtime business partners. Delivery is carried out by the wife of one of the owners. Drones are assembled and tested by a small team of the best drone assemblers in the industry. Some of our clients ask how we manage to do everything we do and build a thriving business with so few people. The answer to this question is very complicated, but if you boil it down to one thing, it stems from our desire to create our own destiny.
We have an entrepreneurial spirit that creates great things out of nothing. This desire is difficult to explain and pinpoint exactly where it comes from. As the old saying goes, “Do what you love and never work a day in your life.” It couldn’t be more true here at Moneyshot Cinema. We may be small, but we offer the best FPV movie drones in the world, combined with customer service that will blow your mind.
Video from the developer
Prototype testing (12/08/2021).
Flight test with REDKombo 9mm.
Will the new GyroFlow change the game of cinema?
Money Shot Whoop Lifter Y6 in action.