About the product
Yuneec Mantis G is a modified version of the Mantis Q portable selfie drone, which was released in August last year. The predecessor quickly gained popularity, proving itself exceptionally well as an easy-to-use drone adapted for the realization of aerial photography in the selfie format. The potential of the drone was praised in almost every aspect, with the exception of image stabilization, for which the Mantis Q was solely responsible for electronics, which ultimately did not allow it to fully compete with such copters as the DJI Spark and Parrot Anafi. In the modified Mantis G, this unforgivable minus has finally been fixed. The selfie drone gained a little weight, size, and the overall functionality of the device was expanded, which undoubtedly made the product even better. By tradition, let’s start with the features of the novelty.
- Weight 505 gr
- Designed specifically for selfie and travel lovers
- Foldable, quiet and energy efficient design
- Pixhawk PX4 flight controller
- FPV with less than 200ms latency
- Positioning: GPS/GLONASS + sensor complex 2 × ultrasonic and 1 × optical
- Maximum flight time 33 min
- Maximum horizontal flight speed 72km/h (in “Sport” mode)
- Frequency range 2.4GHz/5GHz
- Maximum removal distance 4 km
- 13MP 4K camera built on 1/3.06-inch CMOS sensor
- 2-axis mechanical image stabilization
- JPEG/DNG photo formats
- Built-in memory 16GB + expandable via microSD card
- Advanced voice control in English, German and French
- Face and gesture recognition function
- 7 × pre-programmed flight modes: Waypoint/Visual Tracking/Smart Shots/Cinema/Journey/Point of Interest/Return to Home
- Instant sharing of footage on social media via Instant Sharing
- Adapted for safe use both outdoors and indoors
- Geo Fence function (for local limitation of height and offset distance)
- Control of the current battery charge
So far, we know about one configuration, which will include:
- Control equipment
- Drone Battery
- Spare blade kit (4CW/4CCW)
- Spare fasteners
- Charger for simultaneous charging of three drone batteries
- Memory power supply
- Charger power cable
- USB cable USB-A/Type-C
- User’s manual
Dimensions in flight condition:
FPV Removal Distance FCC/CE:
up to 4/2 km
Max. flight time:
33 min (in the absence of wind at a constant horizontal flight speed of 25 km/h)
Max. horizontal speed. flight:
Max. takeoff speed:
Max. sink rate:
Working temperature range:
0°C to 40°C
GPS/GLONASS + 2 × ultrasonic and 1 × optical sensors
Equivalent focal length:
Electronic Shutter Speed:
8s – 1/8000s
100-3200 (default 100)
2-axis mechanical gimbal
Camera Tilt Adjustable Range:
-90° to 15°
4:3 (4160×3120); 16:9 (4800×2700)
3840 × 2160 at 30 fps
1920 × 1080 at 30/60 fps
1280 × 720 at 60 fps
Field of View (FOV):
Supported SD cards:
Class 10 or U3 up to 128GB
0, ±0.5, ±1.0, ±1.5, ±2.0, ±2.5, ±3.0
Single Shot/Face Recognition
Photo upload speed:
Number of channels:
Max. FCC/CE video transmission range:
Video streaming resolution:
Built-in 1S 3000mAh 3.7V Li-ion
IOS: iOS 9.0 and above (for voice control iOS10 and above, for voice control with local processing iOS11 and above); Android: Android 5.0 and above (Internet connection required for voice control)
The Yuneec official representative in USA sells the drone for $803, which corresponds to the price category of Parrot Anafi and DJI Mavic Air and Air 2.
Yuneec Mantis G from $850
- PC based Pixhawk PX4
- Positioning (satellite/sensors)
- 4K camera on 3-axis mech. suspension
- FPV Quality
- Automatic functions and flight modes
- Max. flight time
- Max. flight speed
- Voice control
- Adapted for interaction with social. networks
- Doesn’t recognize obstacles
Each new solution of Yuneec International is another proof of the company’s commitment to quality and technological progress. Taking into account the refinement, it has become one of the best drones for the implementation of amateur photo / video shooting from the air. Max. easy to operate, which will undoubtedly be noted by novice hobbyists. Will be irreplaceable on rest and travel. Ready for FPV flight out of the box. Age limit 16+.
The developer’s recommendations for actions before the first flight of the Mantis G.
Automatic flight mode “Point of interest”.
Automatic flight mode “Journey”.
Automatic mode of flight by waypoints.
Automatic flight and shooting mode “Cinema”.
Automatic flight mode and shooting “Smart Shots”.
The developer about the face recognition function.
The developer about the voice control feature.
The developer about the gesture control feature.