A well-known manufacturer of the best action cameras has introduced its brand new product — the Karma drone. According to the creators of the drone, the main task was to implement a UAV that differs from others in its compactness, ease of use and, of course, high-quality photo and video material at the output.
Unlike most of the released products of the most famous brands, the GoPro drone has a compact size, folding arms and a non-standard camera position. In the quad, it is located not under it, but in front, thus the presence of the drone rotors in the frame in any flight modes was excluded.
For the rest, the quad was endowed with the standard features of top drones with the letter Smart: auto takeoff, auto landing, altitude hold, return home, etc. Everything here is done in such a way that absolutely anyone who does not have experience in owning a UAV can fully use all the functions of the drone and enjoy this process.
The Karma drone received six preset shooting modes with which the pilot can realize any creative idea:
- Follow — allows the drone to automatically follow the user by keeping it in the center of the frame throughout the flight. The mode is realized by means of GPS.
- watch — the drone does not fly anywhere, it freezes, but the camera actively monitors the movement of the user with the equipment. The mode is realized by means of GPS.
- Dronie — This mode is suitable for capturing beautiful selfies, creating a wide perspective. After activating the mode, the drone will rapidly move away from the pilot in an upward direction (∠45°), thereby revealing the entire atmosphere around you.
- Cable Cam - set the flight points (up to 10 points) between which you want the drone to move, then the pilot’s attention is focused only on shooting, choosing his best angle over and over again.
- Orbit - by activating this mode, the drone will fly around the object for shooting in a circle, keeping it in the center of the frame.
- Reveal - This is the best mode to start shooting. The drone moves in a straight line, while the camera slowly changes its angle: first looking down, and then smoothly rises and opens a view of the horizon, just like in Hollywood films.
To get a new perspective on shooting, the drone camera can now take a vertical position with the lens up, without capturing the drone’s main rotors in the frame.
According to the developers themselves, the owner of the drone should not think about whether to take the drone with him or not, the drone will always be there waiting for new shots. The quad is equipped with the most necessary equipment for high-quality shooting, both in the air and on the ground.
- Drone Karma
- Control equipment
- 3‑axis gyro-stabilized gimbal
- 6 × rotors
- Karma Grip (for shooting on the ground)
- mounting ring
- Karma case (for transporting the drone and accessories)
*camera not included.
The remote control has optimal dimensions with a minimum set of control buttons. There is nothing superfluous, everything is intuitive and logical, it does not require software presets. The remote control is equipped with a high-resolution (720p) multi-functional touch screen. In appearance, the control equipment is similar to a mini LapTop. The console has a simulator for pre-flight training, beginners will appreciate it.
When combining a GoPro camera with this accessory, the owner will always be able to shoot high-quality photo and video material from the ground.
up to 20 min (in practice 17 min)
4S 14.8V 5100mAh 75.4Wh LiPo
Drone battery weight:
Operating frequency control:
Maximum ceiling above sea level:
Max wind resistance:
Maximum flight speed:
Drone battery charging time:
Transmitter screen size:
Transmitter screen resolution:
Transmitter battery life:
Transmitter Screen Brightness:
Transmitter battery charging time:
Rated charge voltage:
Karma Grip Charging Time:
Karma Grip Weight:
Gimbal movement range:
-90° to 0° (down/up)
HERO6 Black, HERO5 Black, HERO5 Session, HERO4
iOS 9 and earlier Android 5.0 and earlier
The GoPro drone has officially been discontinued, but it continues to be sold by online retailers at the following prices:
- Drone Karma (without camera) — 400$
- Karma + HERO6 Black Camera - 600$
GoPro Karma from $400
- Programmed Modes
- Camera position option
- 3‑axis gimbal operation
- Karma Grip (Included)
- Control equipment (does not require the use of mobile devices)
- Drone transport case
- No camera included (total price)
- No obstacle detection sensors
- Flight time
- Flight range (in practice in the city about 700 meters)
According to new trends, a modern drone should not only fly well, shoot well and have autonomous qualities, but now, with all this, it must be compact. GoPro presented its first drone in accordance with the requirements and it should be noted that the “first pancake” came out very even nothing. Karma is suitable for any pilot without reference to the experience of owning a UAV for high-quality photo / video shooting anywhere and at any time.
Photo with Karma drone.
Video with Karma drone.