Key features ahead of schedule
DJI has released firmware for its latest DJI Mavic 3 drone and the DJI Fly application ahead of schedule, with the advent of which some missing key features are added and a number of bugs identified during operation are fixed.
General information about the firmware
• The date: 2021.12.10
• Drone Firmware: v01.00.0400
• Firmware control equipment: v04.13.0400
• DJI Fly app version for iOS: v1.5.4
• Android version of the DJI Fly app: v1.5.4
What’s new in drone firmware?
- Added FocusTrack, MasterShots and Timelapse functions.
- Added RAW Only photo format.
- Reduced noise when recording video in ProRes for Mavic 3 Cine.
- Reduced random vibration of drone beams.
- Improved efficiency of RTH mode.
- Improved the efficiency of the system for detecting and flying around obstacles.
- Improved hover stability.
- Issue fixed: Some computers could not connect to the aircraft via USB.
- Bug fixed: Abnormal color sometimes appeared.
- Fixed a number of remote control bugs.
What’s new in DJI Fly firmware?
- MasterShots, Hyperlapse and FocusTrack available
- Added support for shooting in RAW format (only available on DJI Mavic 3).
- Added support for setting EXP parameters.
- Fixed some bugs and optimized the overall quality of the application.
Where to download new firmware?
You can download the new software from the official DJI website here.
Step-by-step instructions for updating software from the developer.
A review of the new firmware and a test of the ActiveTrack 5.0 tracking mode from users.
Test SpotLight tracking mode (Spotlight mode).
Overview of the new firmware from users.