The developer Emax, well-known in the unmanned hobby, recently presented a bright novelty, the top continuation of the popular racing micro series “Tinyhawk” (Tinyhawk, Tinyhawk S or Tinyhawk 2), the potential of which will be appreciated by pilots with any level of training from an amateur to a professional. Emax Tinyhawk II Race is a high-quality FPV ToothPick drone built on a heavy-duty 90 mm carbon frame with a powerful power plant and no less powerful AIO (All-In-One) avionics. If you do not know where to start your journey in the racing niche or are looking for an adrenaline solution to hone your already acquired skills, then the presented model at least deserves your attention. As usual, let’s start with the key features of the drone.
- Aerospace-grade 3K carbon X frame
- Protective Canopy Material: Polypropylene
- Diagonal size: 90mm
- Weight without battery: 47.5 g
- Flight weight: 73 g including 2 × batteries
- Flight controller in AIO format: F4 (firmware MATEKF411RX)
- Receiver: EMAX SPI Receiver (compatible with FrSky D8 mode)
- ESC: 4-in-1 5A BlHeli_S
- Motors: 1103 7500KV
- Propellers: 3-blade 2″ Avan Blur T-mount
- Power supply: 2 × EMAX 1S 450 mAh HV LiPo battery with JST-PH2.0 Duo connector
- FPV camera: RunCam Nano 2 1/3″ 700TVL CMOS
- VTX: 37-channel (including Raceband) 5.8GHz video transmitter with 25/100/200mW switchable power
- Smart Audio communication protocol enabled
Offered by the developer in a single BNF configuration:
- Tinyhawk II Race
- 2 × EMAX 1S 450mAh HV LiPo battery
- 1S USB LiPo charger (for charging 6 × batteries at the same time)
- Screwdriver + spare fixing kit
- Transport case
Appearance of the Tinyhawk II Race model.
Innovative power system
The power system of the Tinyhawk II Race drone is adapted to speed and performance. Thanks to the brushless motors used 1103 7500KV, the necessary speed was achieved to obtain the best power-to-weight ratio. And in tandem with AVAN Blur’s 2-inch 3-blade propellers, the excess power was handled in favor of longer total flight time, thus providing the pilot with a longer, faster and more stable flight.
The carbon fiber
One of the key elements in adapting the Tinyhawk II Race for high-speed environments was the frame design. Using aerospace-grade 3K carbon fiber, combined with a reinforced and aerodynamically calculated central protection, the maximum durability of all elements of the drone was achieved without compromising its flight performance.
Enhanced video system
The Tinyhawk II Race maximizes the efficiency of the advanced video transmission system through an adjustable power band, giving pilots more freedom and range than ever before. Based on their experience, engineers have used the proven Runcam Nano 2 FPV camera for its high dynamic range, controlled exposure and image quality to achieve the best possible video transmission quality.
The Tinyhawk II Race drone is sold by the developer through its own Internet resources, as well as through various Internet trading platforms at a price of $115 (excluding shipping and taxes).
Test flight of the Tinyhawk II Race drone.