Drones as a means
Drones (multicopters) can be used to pull the first thin ropes across rivers and canyons, which will then be used to pull strong bridge cables.
Professional UAVs are an effective means of ensuring the proper and safe operation of road and rail infrastructure facilities. With the use of such technologies, the following tasks are solved today:
- Information support for construction and reconstruction of facilities and bridges
- Inspection and documentation of the state of main gas pipelines, their interaction with the environment
- Monitoring of objects and territories with increased load
- Creation of various cartographic materials in the interests of the construction and operation of road and railway infrastructure facilities.
In the interests of solving the above problems, the following basic technologies are used: the study of the linear part of highways and bridges based on unmanned survey materials, mapping of major repairs, reconstruction and construction objects using unmanned survey data, surveying the state along power transmission lines using unmanned vehicles.
Unmanned patrol of structures
Aviation unmanned patrolling of bridges and main sections of roads consists in monitoring the condition of routes based on viewing materials obtained using a video camera, digital camera or thermal imager installed on a quadrocopter.
During unmanned patrolling of bridges and highways, the following tasks are solved:
- Identification of sections of the route that are in non-design and / or have lost their stable position
- Search and detection of damage, backfilling of individual sections based on aerial photography
- Collection and systematization of information about the state of protected zones.
The productivity of work on unmanned aerial photography is up to 200 km per day. In addition, drones can be used not only for surveying the terrain, but also for building bridges. In particular, during the construction of bridges, they can be used to pull the first rope reference points through ravines or rivers, along which powerful bridge cables will subsequently go.
The use of drone footage in the construction of bridges helps to solve such problems as:
- Conduct a prompt assessment of the current state of the territory and the objects and infrastructure located on it based on the factual digital material of an unmanned robot, digital maps and models
- Conduct a comparative analysis of changes in the territory and landscape components (vegetation, plowing, forest cover, etc.)
- Territory zoning based on modern UAV photographic data and space images
- Modeling of predictive situations and development of recommendations for decision-making in the field of reducing or overcoming the manifestation of dangerous natural and anthropogenic phenomena and processes.
The drone output is topographic maps of objects and territories at a scale from 1:200,000 to 1:2000. To update and refine plans and maps at scales from 1:200000 to 1:2000, previously published cartographic materials and up-to-date unmanned survey data for the current or specified date or time period are used.
Based on the analysis of cartographic materials and current unmanned survey data, changes and additions are made to topographic maps. To create plans for objects and territories, as well as thematic maps based on unmanned survey materials, almost all primary and secondary data are used.
You can view the catalog of professional UAVs here.