Drone version X8SE 2022 on the way
Official sources about the imminent arrival of FIMI X8SE 2022 are still silent. The first information was leaked through the RCgoing website, but it was later removed. Now we have found the upcoming novelty on the AliExpress marketplace. Further details and in order. Let’s fly!
The key features of the X8 SE 2022 drone, which are currently known:
- Weight 765 gr
- Portable and foldable design
- Positioning GPS + GLONASS + Beidou + visual positioning system consisting of a lower camera, optical and ultrasonic sensors
- 2 × EMU modules
- Brushless power plant
- Quick release folding rotors
- Noise 7dBm
- 48MP 4K camera built on 1/2.0‑inch CMOS sensor
- 3x digital zoom
- Image Stabilization: 3‑axis mechanical gimbal (with fully closed servo system) controlled by the third generation LOS stabilizing algorithm with a high control accuracy of 0.005°, which contributes to perfect real-time anti-shake
- F‑Log and DNG RAW modes
- HDR mode for photo/video
- Night shot mode
- H.264/H.265 video compression format
- Video streaming via RokLink 3rd generation digital system
- Max. removal distance 10 km
- Max. flight altitude 800 m
- Max. flight speed 65 km/h
- Max. flight time 35 min
- Sliding design of control equipment with removable sticks, allowing installation from a smartphone to a tablet the size of an iPad mini
- 4 × pre-programmed Cine shots
- 3 × Intelligent Object Tracking Modes
- Waypoint flight mode with task scheduling
- 3 × panorama shot options
- 3 × Motion-lapse options that do not require post-processing
- SAR mode
- Control of “No-Fly” zones
- New control equipment available with built-in display (optional)
Appearance of a modified version of the FIMI X8 SE 2022 drone.
The model has not received any external changes and, accordingly, in this aspect is no different from its predecessors of the X8 SE series, except that a red outline appeared on the camera lens. But the hardware of the drone, judging by the declared specification, on the contrary, has undergone a not bad upgrade.
Comparison table of key parameters of the modified version of the FIMI X8SE 2022 drone with the predecessor FIMI X8SE 2020:
The camera of the redesigned version of the drone is now built on a 48MP 1/2‑inch CMOS sensor with F1.6 aperture and FOV 79° (predecessor camera: 12MP 1/2.6‑inch CMOS sensor with F2.0 aperture and FOV 80°) .
Video transmission system
According to the specification, the new RokLink protocol is used in radio communication, which provides a maximum FPV flight range of 10 km (in FCC mode, instead of 8 km for its predecessor) and reduces the delay to 130 milliseconds (instead of 220 ms for its predecessor). The system also operates in the new 2.4 GHz frequency range (predecessor’s 5.8 GHz).
The stock radio control is similar to that of the X8 SE 2020. However, Fimi is also announcing a new Smart Controller-style display control hardware from DJI Innovations that will be available as an optional accessory.
Standard control equipment
iPad mini not included.
New control equipment with built-in display
Max. flight altitude and wind resistance
According to the specification, the new iteration of the drone received an increased ceiling in height, which will be 800 meters (predecessor: 500 m), and the engineers also worked on the wind resistance of the novelty, increasing it from level 6 to level 8, which is undoubtedly a very important aspect.
Adapted for flying in rain and snow
One of the most significant improvements in our opinion, now the quadrocopter has the opportunity to work without consequences in rainy and snowy weather. The developer notes that the drone received protection from water and dust and was tested in field flight tests (although the degree of IP has not yet been reported). As they say, time will tell!
The specification notes that the remote-ID module is built into the drone, which, in theory, should provide the possibility of free electronic identification of the vessel, but the developer does not report how this module works and which existing systems it will be compatible with.
The rest of the FIMI X8 SE 2022 is identical to its predecessor, the FIMI X8 SE 2020, in terms of flight performance, autonomous modes, and so on.
As noted above, the drone is available for purchase. The developer has set the following prices for the modified FIMI X8 SE 2022 drone, which are standard set by the package. There are three configurations in total and they differ in the presence or absence of a memory card with a capacity of 64GB / 128GB. All prices are excluding taxes and shipping:
- FIMI X8 SE 2022 (no memory card included) — $429
- FIMI X8 SE 2022 (with 64 GB memory card included) – $439
- FIMI X8 SE 2022 (with 128 GB memory card included) — $449