The 2016 model from a well-known Chinese company is the Walkera Furious 320 racing quadcopter. Anyone who has ever dealt with UAVs from this manufacturer will say that this is always a guarantee of quality and complete freedom of action in terms of upgrades. Furious 320 adapted for FPV racing. This model is a continuation of the previous model Walkera 250 Runner, which fans of the unmanned hobby have already appreciated.
- Modular, crash-resistant carbon construction
- CC3D Open Source Flight Controller
- Powerful 1700KV brushless motors
- Automatic pitch change of motors
- High-speed ceiling – 120km / h
- 3 × flight modes
- Autonomous flight modes
- FHD camera 1920×1080p@60fps
- Analog FPV flight at 5.8GHz
- Max. video transmitter power 200mW
- On Screen Display (OSD)
- Flight time 8-10 minutes
Walkera Furious 320 is sold in 3 trim levels:
- Furious 320 BNF (without hardware and GPS)
- Furious 320 RTF + Devo7 Hardware + GPS
- Furious 320 RTF + Devo10 hardware
The kit will include:
- Drone Walkera Furious 320
- Li-polymer battery 4S 14.8V 2600mAh 25C
- Charger 60W 3.3A (complete with adapter for charging 3S battery)
- Devo7/Devo10 remote controller (powered by 4 x AA)
- 4 × rotors
- 4 × spare rotors
- Instruction (in and English)
- Cable (Jack) 3.5/3.5
- 2 × USB cables (for connecting drone to PC)
- Antenna type “Grip” (to the video transmitter)
Drone weight (without battery):
brushless type WK-WS-28-015(CW/CCW) 1700KV
4S 14.8V 2600mAh 25C LiPo
Drone battery dimensions:
Operating range temperatures:
-10º to +40ºC
Max video resolution:
MicroSD up to 32GB
Max. photo resolution:
output voltage <200mW
All elements of the Walkera Furious 320 are made of high quality materials, most of which are made of carbon. As a result, the Furious 320 is lightweight with maximum strength. The designers did a great job with the appearance of the drone, but the trick lies deeper than just a beautiful design. The frame of the Furious 320 is designed in such a way that only low-cost components will be subject to destruction in case of serious accidents.
The developers subtly felt the contingent of future users of the Furious 320 and left the code of the flight controller under the control of the CC3D system open. Now the pilot can fine-tune the drone for himself. This option will be most appreciated by advanced users, but amateurs will also show no small interest in it. In order to make changes to the operation of the controller, the drone must be connected to a PC or laptop.
The drone has powerful variable-angle Walkera WK-WS-28-015 1700KV brushless motors. Automatic change of pitch of the motors — the function allows to significantly improve the flight performance of the drone by automatically changing the angle of the position of the motors depending on the flight modes.
The Furious 320 has a full FHD camera on board. Records video in resolution: 1920 × 1080p at 60 fps, takes a photo of 4000 × 3000 pixels. Adapted for shooting in low light conditions. The footage is stored on MicroSD up to 32GB. For first-person flight, it works in tandem with an analog video transmitter with a maximum power of 200mW. Broadcast video stream at a frequency of 5.8 GHz.
By default, it is equipped with a 4-cell lithium-polymer battery 14.8V 2600mAh 25C LiPo. Dimensions: 120 × 34 × 34mm. As the saying goes: “Powerful drone, powerful battery.” According to the specification, it provides a maximum flight time of 9-10 minutes. In practice, in the “Gas to the floor” mode, no more than 3-4 minutes. Charger included.
The user has three flight modes that reveal the potential of the drone from simple to complex:
- Basic (recommended for beginners)
- Advanced (advanced pilots only)
Autonomous flight modes
Built-in satellite positioning modules gave the Furious 320 autonomous flight modes:
- Flight according to pre-set coordinates
- Hold position
- Return home (with automatic calculation of the time for the return trip)
The drone is responsive, maneuverable, high-speed, showed excellent vertical thrust at maximum modes, while controlling the Furious 320 is absolutely easy, you get used to it very quickly. Pleasantly pleased with the smoothness of the ride, when necessary.
Walkera Furious 320 is sold through the Amazon online trading platform:
- Furious 320 BNF (without hardware and GPS) – $669
- Furious 320 RTF (Devo7 hardware + GPS) – $674
- Furious 320 RTF (Devo10 Hardware) – $676
Walkera Furious 320 from $669
- Execution quality
- Robust modular design
- Open source PC
- Flight performance
- 3 × drone activity modes
- Stabilization mode
- Autonomous flight modes
- FHD camera (image quality)
- FPV Quality
- No transport case included
One of the best ready-made kits for FPV racing. The capabilities of the quad will be appreciated by both professionals and drone racing enthusiasts. The model, in fact, has collected all the features that a modern racing drone should have, and therefore has every right to claim the “Best of the Best 2016” in the occupied UAV segment. Age limit 16+.
Photo from Walkera Furious 320.
Video from Walkera Furious 320.