Model 2018. Proposed by the developer in response to the criticism of many users regarding the lack of the popular MJX Bugs 3 flight mode “Acro”. The MJX Bugs 3 Mini is a racing version of the quadcopter for beginners with a drone racing perspective who have gone beyond the potential of collector UAVs and want to try something more serious, but at the same time inexpensive and ready to fly out of the box.
- Frame 175mm
- B/C 1306 2750KV motors in tandem with 2‑blade 3.7″ props
- 2 × spending modes (50/100%)
- Flight modes: Angel/Acro
- Battery charge and distance control
- Control at 2.4GHz
- 6 axis gyroscope
- Max. flight time 10 min
- Max. removal distance 300m
- Flips 360°
- Built-in buzzer
- LED backlight (switchable)
The developer offers the drone in three trim levels:
- without camera
- With С5810 camera + FPV monitor
- With С5810 camera + FPV monitor + FPV goggles
The standard kit will include:
- Quadcopter BUGS 3 mini
- Battery 2S 7.4V 850mAh 45C LiPo
- Equipment 2.4GHz (power supply from 4 × AA sold separately)
- 4 × rotors
- 4 × spare rotors
- 4 × rotor protection
- USB charger
- Adapter for memory
- Tool (screwdriver + wrench for dismantling the rotors)
- Instruction (in English)
BUGS 3 mini
6 axis gyroscope
4 × AA 1.5V (sold separately
brushless 1306 2750KV
2S 7.4V 850mAh 45C LiPo
Max. flight time:
Max. FPV flight range:
≈ 180 min
Drone weight (without battery):
FPV Camera C5810
24CH 5.8GHz 25mW
5645 — 5945MHz
Max. transmission distance:
4.3 inches (10.9cm)
Max. removal distance:
1S 3.7V 800mAh Li-ion
Time of continuous work:
The MJX Bugs 3 Mini is equipped with inexpensive, time-tested 2750KV 1306 B/C motors, working in tandem with 2‑bladed 3.7‑inch props. The potential of the power plant, coupled with a light weight, provided the drone with demonstrative thrust in the UAV niche occupied, which advanced beginners will appreciate.
- Bugs 3 Mini handles any GoPro action camera with ease.
- The pilot has two modes of consumption “Low / High” (Power: 50/100%).
FPV camera MJX C5810 (heading) — provides analog video stream transmission without delay in the 5.8 GHz frequency range for first-person flight. Works in tandem with a built-in 24-channel 25mW video transmitter. Lens viewing angle: 65°. Video quality: 648×488p. Video format: VGA. Max. transmission distance: 300m. In practice, this distance was no further than 100–150 meters.
- The MJX C5810 can be paired with a variety of analog FPV devices, including the MJX D43 FPV Monitor, either alone or with the MJX G3 FPV Headset.
- The FPV Wi-Fi camera MJX C5007 was previously available. Currently, the developer has completed the release of this model.
MJX D43 4.3 LCD RX is a versatile 4.3‑inch LCD FPV monitor with manual brightness control. The built-in 32-channel video receiver operating in the 5.8GHz band is responsible for receiving the video stream from the drone’s camera. Powered by a built-in 1‑cell lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 800mAh. Charging with the included USB cable. It mounts to stock control equipment using the included mount, and also supports pairing with an FPV headset — MJX G3 for full-fledged first-person flight.
MJX G3 5.8G FPV Goggles — when paired with an FPV monitor, provides a fully immersive first-person flight experience. Available in a top-end configuration, or purchased separately.
The pilot has two flight modes at his disposal:
- Angel — mode for beginners. The 6‑axis gyroscope 100% controls the horizontal position of the drone, dynamism and tilt angles are minimal. The mode is suitable for beginners.
- Acro — electronic stabilization is disabled, tilt angles are maximum. Unleashes the full flight potential of the drone. The mode is suitable for advanced users.
The change of modes is carried out by a switch on the control equipment before turning on the remote control and the drone. Launching in Acro mode is accompanied by a pronounced audible drone alarm.
The Bugs 3 Mini is powered by a 2‑can (2S/7.4V) lithium-polymer battery with a capacity of 850mAh 45C, made in a kind of box like in premium UAVs. According to the specification, it provides a flight duration of about 10 minutes. In practice, without an FPV camera with a mixed style of piloting, this time was 5 minutes 35 seconds. Charges with the included USB charger in 180 minutes.
B3 Mini inherited the function of feedback from the drone to the equipment in case of low voltage and critical distance (short beeps of the equipment + flashing of the drone backlight = low battery; Long beep = far away or strong interference in the flight site).
The quadrocopter is controlled by a 4‑channel control equipment operating at a frequency of 2.4GHz. Powered by 4 × AA (purchased separately). Provides max. removal distance — 500 meters.
*Remote control in combination with FPV monitor.
Antennas on control equipment are decorative. The antenna itself is stowed inside the case, and in the future it will be better to move it outside. Such an upgrade will significantly improve the quality of communication.
The MJX Bugs 3 Mini quadrocopter is successfully sold through various Internet trading platforms at a price of $ 99 — $ 160 (depending on configuration).
Recommendations and remarks
- Before installing the battery for the first time, do not forget to remove the safety plug from the contact group in the drone’s battery compartment.
- The C5810 FPV Camera is only suitable for first look. In the future, we recommend replacing it with a more technological one (Turbowing DVR CYCLOPS 3, AKK A5 and other analogues). A visual upgrade process can be found on YouTube. The end result will significantly prolong the enjoyment of owning the BUGS 3 Mini.
- Eachine ROTG01 — the device allows you to display the image broadcast from the FPV drone on the screen of a smartphone / tablet (on Android).
- It will be better to upgrade and stock power to a more productive one. The process, as in the case of the camera, is not difficult, although it requires the use of a soldering iron. As a power source, lithium-polymer batteries 7.4V 1300mAh 30C with a JST connector (dimensions: 69 × 30 × 16 mm) will be optimal
- Regardless of the level of piloting experience, it is recommended to start the first flight of the B3 Mini exclusively at the minimum cost, especially in Acro mode. This approach will allow the user to go through the process of adaptation to control without serious crashes.
- To force-pair the control equipment with the drone, you must:
- While holding down the “Start and stop motors” button, turn on the control panel.
- Then turn on the drone. The aircraft light will flash rapidly at first and then turn to a steady glow, indicating that the pairing process has been successfully completed.
- Before the first flight, it is recommended to calibrate the gyroscope.
- Turn on the drone and place it on a horizontal surface
- Turn on the remote control
- Bring both sticks to the lower right position and hold for about 2–3 seconds, paying attention to the drone’s backlight, it will start flashing. Wait for the backlight to change from blinking to solid. Calibration completed.
- If necessary, achieve accurate position holding by adjusting the offset (trimming) from the control panel.
- If after the next crash you cannot find the crash site of the B3 Mini, turn off the control equipment and the drone will start beeping.
MJX Bugs 3 Mini from $99
- Quality workmanship / High impact materials
- Easy to use
- Flight potential / Handling
- Angel/Acro flight modes
- Activity Modes Low/High
- Equipment (3 options)
- The model allows for uncomplicated refinement processes
- Bright LED backlight with the ability to switch off
- Checking the remaining battery charge and the removal distance
- Price/Ready to fly out of the box
- Standard FPV camera (extremely narrow FOV)
- Potential of a standard battery
- Stick sensitivity in Acro mode at max. expenses (requires getting used to)
- Shutdown of motors only with the button on the remote control
Definitely deserves the attention of those who have already mastered the primary skills of piloting with collector UAVs and are in search of something more powerful and fast, but at the same time inexpensive and ready to fly out of the box. When the stock potential of the drone gets bored, the model allows you to implement an easy and inexpensive upgrade, during which the novice user will get acquainted with the internal structure of the drone and the process of setting up analog FPV radio electronics. It acts as one of the best FPV simulators, after mastering which you can safely move on to more expensive and advanced UAVs. Age limit 14+.
Photo with Bugs 3 Mini drone.
Video with Bugs 3 Mini drone.