Meet the DJI Mini 2 – the one you’ve been waiting for
Weighing less than 249 grams, the DJI Mini 2 now features state-of-the-art OcuSync data transfer technology, durable motors and a 4K camera.
November 5, 2020 – Today, DJI, the world leader in drones and creative cameras, introduces the DJI Mini 2, a high-performance camera drone that combines many new features in a compact, portable design. The DJI Mini 2 is among the safest drones and weighs less than 249g. The successor to the DJI Mavic Mini, the DJI Mini 2 is easy to fly and features top-notch imaging capabilities, more powerful motors, and improved transmission technology that ensures a long-lasting, reliable connection. Optimized built-in modes will now help you create memorable shots with just a few taps, while tutorials and beginner tools will help beginners quickly learn how to operate the device. As well as a host of accessories to help you create your own unique DJI Mini 2 style.
“The Mavic Mini has been a huge breakthrough for DJI and pilots around the world, and its unparalleled combination of weight, safety, performance, and other features has become the starting point for many aspiring pilots and aerial photography enthusiasts,” said DJI President Roger Luo. . “With the DJI Mini 2, we have improved key features by combining the performance of larger drones with a compact, portable body. Not only is the DJI Mini 2 perfect for beginners, but it will also impress more experienced pilots.”
Small body, impressive performance
Like the Mavic Mini, the DJI Mini 2 features a lightweight, foldable design that makes drone travel even easier. The device is so light that you can easily put it in your bag and take it with you in case you get a chance to fly. Small but powerful, the DJI Mini 2 comes with a set of impressive features that will make your flying experience even easier and more convenient. We have added OcuSync 2.0 data transfer technology. OcuSync 2.0 is DJI’s world-famous transmission technology, ensuring a stable and reliable connection between the remote controller and the aircraft, even over long distances. DJI Mini 2’s maximum signal transmission range is 6 km, which is 200% more than the same specification of Mavic Mini. The updated motors provide 31 minutes of flight time, faster acceleration and greater speed, as well as the ability to withstand winds up to 24 mph.
Incredibly easy to drive, truly reliable
DJI Mini 2 is built for easy and safe flying, whether it’s everyday use or an exciting outdoor adventure. Send the drone’s camera feed to your smartphone to see exactly where the Mini 2 is and what it’s filming. Improved buttons and features make the Mini 2 easier to control than more advanced drones. As with all DJI drones, high-end positioning and video sensors help the Mini 2 hover in place when needed. GPS keeps track of the drone’s position, while video sensors at the bottom analyze the ground and assist with automatic landing. DJI drones are equipped with safety features to help both novice and experienced pilots enjoy worry-free flying. Features include geofencing, which keeps drones away from restricted areas (like airports), return home, which returns the drone back to the pilot, and altitude hold, where you set a value for how high the drone can fly. All these modes and functions make controlling the DJI Mini 2 not only fun, but also safe for all pilots, regardless of their experience.
Vibrant pictures and crisp videos with just a few taps
Capture moments in detail with a 1/2.3-inch sensor – capture 12MP photos and videos at maximum 4K/30fps at 100Mbps. You can save images in JPEG format, advanced users who want to edit the footage can choose RAW mode. With the best-in-class 3-axis gimbal that smooths out unwanted drone vibrations, wind, and more, you can create truly smooth videos. While recording in 1080p, pilots can get close to their subject without even moving the aircraft thanks to the 4x zoom option (2x magnification without degrading quality). Built-in smart modes will help you shoot beautiful and high-quality videos with specified movements and visual effects. Your content will get noticed with these built-in modes.
– Quick Shot Mode: Programmed movements and modes.
- Dronie: DJI Mini 2 flies backwards and upwards while the camera is fixed on the subject. The height limit can be set to 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 feet.
- Spiral (Helix): DJI Mini 2 takes off in an upward spiral, circling over the subject. The height limit can be set to 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 feet.
- Rocket: The DJI Mini 2 flies into the air with its camera pointing down at the subject. The height limit can be set to 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 feet.
- Circle (Circle): DJI Mini 2 flies around the object without changing the height and radius.
- Boomerang: The DJI Mini 2 flies around an object in an oval boomerang-like trajectory, shooting starts and ends at the same point.
– Panoramas: Capture a wider perspective by selecting panorama mode.
- Spherical: DJI Mini 2 automatically captures twenty-six images and combines them for a crystal-clear image.
- 180°: The device takes seven shots to create a stunning landscape image.
- Wide Angle: Captures a wide 3×3 image consisting of nine shots.
– Photo modes: Different photo modes for every occasion.
- Triple Shot with AEB Exposure Compensation: In Auto Bracketing (AEB) mode, the device takes three shots with different exposures and combines them for a bright and clear image. You will be able to get a high dynamic range (HDR) image in post-processing.
- Delayed Shot: Give yourself a few seconds to prepare for your shot by setting a timer.
Easy to create, easier to share
We have optimized the DJI Fly app and DJI Mini 2, new features will allow you to conveniently and quickly share content on social networks. You can connect your smartphone to the drone without a remote control and download footage at 20 Mbps. Once you’ve downloaded the photos to your smartphone, process them with the editor in the DJI Fly app, or use the photo optimization feature to apply automatic settings and make your photo a real hit. Videos take up a lot of space, so we recommend that pilots split them into segments and download in parts. With DJI Mini 2, you can not only fly and easily record professional videos, but also share them with your followers in seconds.
Get the most out of your DJI Mini 2 with dedicated accessories
New accessories for DJI Mini 2 will make using the device even easier and more enjoyable. We have prepared the following accessories:
- Bag for DJI Mini+: This bag will become not only a necessary addition to the set, but also a fashion accessory that will complete your look.
- Charging station: Show off your DJI Mini 2 to the world in a transparent backlit charging station.
- Case Design Kit: Make your Mini 2 truly unique with simple and creative stickers.
- Button adapter: The adapter mounts on top of the Mini 2 and allows you to attach a small LED screen to it, on which you can record messages.