Introducing the DJI Matrice 200/210 V2
Updated Matrice 200 version 2 line with increased reliability and safety.
February 21, 2019 – Introduced the Matrice 200 V2 series drones with improved reliability and safety, and the FlightHub drone control platform, designed to organize and manage flight data. Together, these improvements allow businesses to manage drone programs while building the technical base for BVLOS (Instrument Flight Rules) and night-time flying.
“Organizations around the world rely on DJI devices and software to provide reliable and secure solutions, from processes such as mapping to critical industrial inspections,” said Jan Gasparic, Director of Business Engagement at DJI. “As the fleets of leading organizations grow to hundreds and thousands of drones, there is a need to find safe and reliable ways to control them. The updated Matrice 200 series is great for demanding life-rescue missions, mission-critical missions, even at night, and DJI FlightHub improvements give organizations more control over drone fleets and data.”
Matrice 200 Series Drone Improvements
The Matrice 200 V2 contains new features for commercial and industrial drone applications. The second generation model is durable and easy to use for even safer and more reliable operation. The Matrice 200 V2 Series is a versatile platform for organizations looking to modernize their workflows with drone technology, whether it’s public safety or missing persons. Specific improvements in the Matrice 200 V2 series:
- Robust Transmission System – Equipped with OcuSync 2.0 technology, drones now support auto-switching between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz at ranges up to 8km while delivering stable high-definition digital video transmission with low latency.
- Data Security – Data transmitted via OcuSync 2.0 is encrypted in accordance with the AES-256 standard. In this way, important information remains protected and access to it is strictly controlled.
- Flight Safety – Beacons are designed to meet FAA Night Flight Standards. The lights are located at the top and bottom of the drone and ensure safe flight in low light conditions and at night. The drone is also equipped with DJI AirSense technology and an on-board ADS-B receiver that transmits information about aircraft traffic to the drone pilot to avoid collisions.
- Performance – Pilots using multiple payloads to work can easily calibrate the drone’s center of gravity in the DJI Pilot app to improve flight performance.
- Data Accuracy The TimeSync system integrates the flight controller, cameras, GPS and RTK module with third party payloads and accessories. It places the positioning data in the center of the frame to achieve the highest level of accuracy.
Together, these improvements form the technical basis for working with drones. First of all, it is worth noting the anti-collision warning lights of DJI industrial drones such as the Mavic 2 Enterprise and the Matrice 200 V2 series. Combining the lights with the DJI AirSense ADS-B aircraft signal detection receiver and the FlightAutonomy Obstacle Sensing System allows the Matrice 200 V2 series drones to operate out of the pilot’s line of sight.
“DJI is a leader in safety features that enable night and out-of-sight flight in the US and other countries,” said Brendan Schulman, DJI vice president of policy and legal affairs. “These innovations will open up countless lifesaving applications for drones for organizations and the general public. DJI is proud to help regulators create ways to get pilots approved to use new drone features.”
Operations Management with FlightHub for Enterprise (FlightHub Enterprise)
DJI FlightHub software allows organizations to efficiently manage all aspects of commercial drone operations from a single platform. FlightHub Basic and Enhanced Web App provides real-time flight telemetry, fleet and pilot management and efficient process planning. FlightHub for Enterprise has additional features that give commercial pilots more control over workflow and data security.
- Private Cloud Storage – Users of FlightHub Enterprise Edition can now store data in private cloud storage or their own IT infrastructure using organizational resources, security protocols, and workflow planning for fleets of drones.
- DJI Pilot App – Compatible with the Enterprise edition of FlightHub. The DJI Pilot PE app is a personalized version of the DJI flight control app designed for users with high data security requirements. DJI Pilot PE does not transmit data to public networks by default and connects directly to the organization’s FlightHub platform by hosting its private information technology infrastructure.
- Firmware Management – Provides centralized management and firmware updates, allowing organizations to approve and update drone fleets in accordance with security regulations and avoid unexpected delays in critical tasks.
- Task Scheduling – Assign and track tasks, send waypoints or mapping tasks to pilots.
- Device Maintenance – Monitor device usage parameters such as aircraft and battery life for efficient operation and timely device maintenance.
Together, these updates make FlightHub indispensable for many commercial and industrial users who need drones to perform sensitive tasks in the areas of disaster relief and public safety. In such situations, it is necessary to broadcast real-time data for quick decision-making and transfer of information to engineers located at inspection sites from the energy and telecommunications industries.
“Drones are important to our customers because they they provide information that influences their decisions, help keep people safe and make the most of business assets,” said Brandon Torres Declet, CEO and co-founder of Measure, a leader in intelligent flight solutions. “Our customers want the process of using drone technology to be simple, safe and reliable. With the integration of FlightHub Enterprise into Measure services and our versatile Ground ControlTM software platform, our customers will now enjoy an unparalleled view and control.