As previously suggested, the developer has announced its first foldable drone, the Hubsan Zino (H117S). The easy-to-use drone is built in accordance with modern trends, the features of which will allow the user to save significant moments of life from a better angle and unchanged for a long memory.
- Foldable, impact-resistant portable design
- GPS/GLONASS positioning + barometer
- Brushless power plant
- 4K camera built on a 1/3‑inch Sony IMX258 CMOS sensor in tandem with an Ambarella A12 processor
- Image stabilization: 3‑axis motorized gimbal
- Panoramic shooting modes
- FPV 5.8GHz WiFi
- 2 × flight modes
- 4 × automatic flight modes
- Auto takeoff/landing
- Hold position
- Protection against loss of communication and low battery level
- Max. horizontal flight speed 60 km/h
- Max. flight time 23 minutes
- Poppy. FPV removal distance 1km
- Headless Mode
- Drone weight 700 grams
The developer offers the drone in three trim levels:
- Zino (drone, remote control, drone battery, spare set of propellers and fasteners, 3 × cables for pairing a smartphone with a Micro USB / Lighting / Type‑C remote control, charger, power supply to charger, adapter for connecting drone battery to charger, USB cable for PC connection, screwdriver, user manual).
- Zino with an extra Battery (Zino kit + additional drone battery).
- Zino Portable Version With One Extra Battery (Zino kit + 2 × sets of spare propellers + transport bag).
Dimensions in flight condition (L/W/H):
304.6 × 252.4 × 90mm
Flight weight (without rotor protection):
GPS + barometer
intelligent battery 3S 11.4V 3100 mAh
Max. flight time:
4K camera built on a 1/3‑inch Sony IMX258 CMOS sensor; works in tandem with the Ambarella A12 processor
Max. video resolution:
3840 × 2160 at 30 fps
5.8GHz over WiFi
Video stream quality:
Poppy. FPV Removal Distance:
R/C frequency range:
The drone is powered by four brushless motors. At the moment, the developer does not specify information about the performance of the motors.
On board the drone is a high-performance 4K camera built on a 1/3‑inch Sony IMX258 CMOS sensor, working in tandem with an Ambarella A12 processor. A 3‑axis mechanical gimbal is responsible for image stabilization. Maximum video resolution: 3840 × 2160 at 30 fps and a maximum bit rate of 45Mbps. According to the developer, the camera has undergone refinement in order to improve its impact resistance.
First-person flight for Zino is implemented via Wi-Fi at a frequency of 5.8 GHz. The picture from the camera is displayed in real time on the display of a smartphone (IOS / Android) paired with the remote control through the free mobile application “X‑HUBSAN”. The quality of the video stream is 1280 × 720p. According to the specification, in an interference-free zone, it provides an FPV removal distance of up to 1km.
Panorama shooting mode
Performs automatic 360° panoramic photo/video shooting from the button on the equipment.
The user has two flight modes available that determine the potential of the drone:
- Normal — the angles are minimal, the electronics 100% control the horizontal position of the drone. Suitable for aerial photography.
- Sport — maximizes the flight potential of the drone. Relevant for dynamic first-person flight.
Autonomous flight modes
- Line fly
- Image tracking
- Return to home (Return to the take-off point when the signal is lost, when the battery level is low and forcibly from the button on the control equipment)
The Zino is powered by an intelligent 3‑cell (3S 11.4V) lithium-polymer battery with a capacity of 3100mAh. According to the specification, it provides a maximum flight time of 23 minutes. In practice, this time was no more than 20 minutes, which is very commendable.
Hubsan Zino is controlled using the included portable control equipment — HT016B, interfaced with a smartphone (IOS or Android) through the X‑HUBSAN mobile application. Operates in the 2.4GHz frequency band. Video stream transmission in the frequency range of 5.8 GHz (Wi-Fi). According to the specification, in an interference-free zone, it provides a removal distance of up to 1 km.
In practice, this distance was no more than 500m, then piloting in FPV mode becomes not “comfortable” due to the gradual deterioration in the quality of the video broadcast as you move away. Complete loss of video signal occurs at a distance of 990m. Built-in battery (1S 3.7V 2600mAh) Charges with included charger.
The Hubsan Zino quadrocopter is available for purchase on the official website of the developer, as well as on various Internet trading platforms. Hubsan kits are sold at the following prices:
- Zino — $369.
- Zino with an extra Battery — $399
- Zino Portable Version With One Extra Battery — $419.
Hubsan Zino from $369
- Execution quality
- Foldable frame and propellers
- Easy to operate (does not require management skills)
- Shooting quality
- First person flight
- Automatic flight and shooting modes
- Flight time
- Does not identify obstacles
- No rotor protection
- Poor quality plastic control panel
- Button indication is hard to read in daylight
- Inaccurate stick operation (takes some getting used to)
- The TX firmware update procedure requires an additional 1.5mm JST XH plug.
- Short USB cables (only 10 cm). It is not possible to directly connect a tablet to them.
A simple and affordable solution for the implementation of amateur aerial photography, designed primarily for a novice user. Hubsan developers had to work hard to offer a drone that is in line with current trends at a very reasonable price. The declared potential of the copter is fully confirmed in practice and will be positively evaluated by both beginners (after mastering the primary skills on simple toy UAV models) and advanced pilots (who are looking for an affordable solution). It will show itself as much as possible on vacation and travel. Age limit 16+.
Comparative review of shooting quality: Hubsan Zino vs Zino Pro vs Zino 2.
Hubsan Zino vs DJI Mavic Mini vs Mi Drone 4K.
H117S video quality after editing in Adobe Premiere Pro.
Test of the “Flight by waypoints” and “Point of interest” functions.
Video taken from the Hubsan Zino quadrocopter.
Developer about Hubsan Zino drone.
Video instructions from Hubsan.