Hero11 Black Mini on sale
The Hero11 Black Mini was announced at the same time as the Hero11 Black a month ago, but unlike the older model, it hasn’t been available for purchase yet. Today, the developer announced the start of sales of a portable novelty.
What unites them?
Both cameras are built on a 1/1.9‑inch sensor, shoot 5.3K (8:7, 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio) at 60 fps, 4K at 120 fps and 2.7K at 240 fps . Wallpapers have built-in stabilization in their arsenal — HyperSmooth 5.0, which can be replaced or used in tandem with ReelSteady in post-production using the GoPro Player. They shoot in 10-bit, which allows for more freedom in post-production. They also shoot in slow motion, up to 8 times in 2.7K, and up to 4 times in 4K. Also available as an add-on feature is Star Trails (Insta360 camera owners are already familiar with them), which provides long exposure for night shots and allows you to implement light painting with light.
What is the difference between Hero11 Black and Black Mini?
- Hero11 Black is priced at $816, Hero11 Black Mini is $653.
- Hero11 Black has 2 large color control screens, Hero11 Black Mini does not have color screens but has a small monochrome control screen.
- The dimensions of the Hero 11 Black are 71.8 x 33.6 x 50.8mm, the Hero11 Black Mini is 52.4 x 38 x 51.2mm.
- Hero 11 Black weighs 154 grams, Hero11 Black Mini weighs 133 grams.
- Hero 11 Black has a removable 1720 mAh battery, Hero11 Black Mini has a built-in 1500 mAh battery.
- The Hero 11 Black has a built-in foldable GoPro mount, the Hero11 Black Mini has two.
Video Potential Comparison Table
Comparison table of key video potential of action cameras GoPro Hero 11 Black vs Hero 11 Mini Black vs Hero 10 Black:
Is it relevant for installation on a drone?
The Hero11 Black Mini is a bit like the Hero5 Session in its cubic form factor. But it’s still bigger, and ultimately not much different in volume and weight from the Hero11 Black. Note the advantage of not having two screens, as they won’t get damaged in a crash! Camera settings are made using a small control screen, and if the camera is flashed with (official) GoPro Labs firmware, then using a fairly efficient system of QR codes. Also, two folding arms will be very handy, which will allow you to expand the ways of mounting the camera on the drone.