DJI Osmo Mobile 6 review
The latest addition to the popular Osmo Mobile series.
Osmo Mobile 6 Smartphone Stabilizer, the latest addition to the popular Osmo Mobile series, has been enhanced with device features, software features, and editing software to give users full creative control over the phone cameras they carry with them every day. Along with improved ergonomics and compatibility with larger phones, Osmo Mobile 6 features DJI 3‑axis stabilization, new Quick Launch, and ActiveTrack 5.0. “Whether you’re camping outdoors with your family or at home with a group of friends, everyone wants to unleash their creativity and capture the moment in a unique way,” said Paul Peng, senior product line manager at DJI. “The DJI Osmo Mobile 6 gimbal is the perfect companion to enhance any smartphone camera, and Osmo Mobile 6 is the best we’ve ever done.”
Portable and palm sized
Osmo Mobile 6 builds on the success of the OM 5 with a new ergonomic handle and larger clip to accommodate phones even in cases. It fits easily into your pocket and weighs just over 300g. With its built-in extender, the Osmo Mobile 6 is ideal for capturing high-quality selfies or test shots from more interesting angles, such as low above the ground.
Three powerful motors and advanced DJI algorithms keep smartphones stable when taking photos and videos. With Active Stabilization, Osmo Mobile 6 is unmatched in capturing what’s happening in front of you, whether it’s traveling with friends, walking around the city, or watching a child’s first sporting event. The electronic image stabilization of smartphones can falter or lose video quality during more dynamic motion and in low light conditions, but Osmo Mobile 6’s motorized stabilization makes all the difference at any time.
Fast as lightning
Moments you want to capture or capture can be fleeting, so Osmo Mobile 6 brings a new quick launch feature for iPhone users. Once uncovered, attaching the iPhone to the gimbal automatically triggers the Mimo app alert to instantly enter camera view mode. Preparation time is significantly reduced: the device starts up three times faster than previous models.
Featuring an enhanced version of DJI’s ActiveTrack, Osmo Mobile 6’s ActiveTrack 5.0 provides more stable tracking over longer distances and also allows the front camera to track objects that turn sideways or rotate. Whether camping, traveling or shooting outdoors, your shots become more true to the story with IS that automatically keeps the subject in focus.
Easy as 1, 2, 3, 4
With a new built-in status bar and Mode button, checking your battery level and switching between the four gimbal modes is as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4. A quick press on the M button and you can switch between:
- Follow: In follow mode, the camera view follows the pan and tilt of the gimbal and stays level during rotations. This mode is suitable for shooting up, down and diagonally.
- Tilt Lock: The camera view follows only the movement of the gimbal and remains stable during tilt and roll — ideal for shooting horizontally or moving around a subject.
- FPV: In FPV mode, all three axes of the gimbal follow the travel handle. This is great for dynamic shooting of stationary subjects such as landmarks, buildings or statues.
- SpinShot: Push the joystick left or right to control the rotation of the camera and create dynamic shots. It is ideal for pushing, pulling and high angle shots.
Easily and smoothly control zoom and focus with the new Osmo Mobile 6 side wheel. Rotate the wheel to adjust the focal length for flexible composition and smooth zooming in and out. Easily achieve a cinematic effect by pressing the side wheel to switch to manual focus control.
Smart features to make your content king
To help make your content the ultimate expression of yourself, Osmo Mobile 6 includes a number of smart features:
- Time Lapse: Warp time and space with Timelapse, Motionlapse and Hyperlapse. With these three simple templates, beautiful moments can be turned into impressive clips.
- DynamicZoom: Use the Enter and Exit modes to get visuals that stretch and squeeze to create blockbusters using just your phone.
- Gesture control: Taking a photo or playing a video has never been easier. Simple gestures make it easy to take a selfie or group photo.
- Panorama. Three different panorama modes are available — 3x3, 240° and CloneMe — for capturing stunning landscapes or unique compositions.
- Story Mode: Various templates help you combine camera movements, transitions, audio tracks, and more for users to share.
Attractive videos with one easy tap, or you can create your own template.
Structural applications from start to finish
DJI’s own Mimo app and the officially recommended LightCut app are available to guide everyone on the path to content creation. In the DJI Mimo Camera view, tutorials appear at the beginning of many functions so the user can get started quickly. The ShotGuides Mimo feature automatically recognizes the scenario and recommends a sequence of shots, as well as a guide to its execution.
When it comes to editing, quickly jump from DJI Mimo to the LightCut app, which offers AI-powered one-click editing and a range of exclusive video templates. From shooting to editing, it’s a convenient all-in-one solution for beginners and professionals to get the most out of their shots.
Buy DJI Osmo Mobile 6.