DJI releases Osmo Action 3 to capture moments beyond
Osmo Action 3’s extreme battery and built-in support for vertical shooting allows users to take on the biggest adventure.
DJI, the world leader in civilian drones and creative cameras, today introduces the Osmo Action 3, the most powerful and content-friendly action camera DJI has ever made. Osmo Action 3 is one of the most versatile, rugged and reliable action cameras available today, with a battery that allows users to work in the most extreme conditions and built-in vertical shooting that opens up new perspectives on creative freedom.
“Since we released the original Osmo Action in 2019, we’ve been inspired by the amazing footage it captures,” said Paul Pan, senior product line manager at DJI. “As our users continue to push forward, go faster and dive deeper, our mission is to provide a device built to keep up with them. Each new feature has made Osmo Action 3 the most reliable, durable and easy-to-use action We can’t wait to see what our users will create as they expand their experience with Osmo Action 3.”
Battery for emergency situations and more
Osmo Action 3 was designed as a one-stop solution for capturing active lifestyles, no matter how adventurous. It all starts with a 1770 mAh Extreme battery that allows the camera to record up to 160 minutes. It also withstands temperatures down to -20° C (-4° F) and charges from 0 to 80% in just 18 minutes and from 0 to 100% in 50 minutes with built-in fast charging support. a first for action cameras. Osmo Action 3 Extreme battery comes with Osmo Action 3 by default; no separate purchase required.
Adventures, now vertical
A social media-driven world needs a vertical way to capture exciting action – and Osmo Action 3 is in full swing. The camera has a built-in mount system that instantly and securely attaches the camera to handlebars, helmets, and more, optimizing the quick-release system first seen in Action 2 by adding notches for locking and impact protection. A new horizontal and vertical protective frame allows this quick mounting technology to be used in a vertical orientation, ideal for social media platforms. With a secure fit that can withstand bumps, drops and waves, Osmo Action 3 keeps you and your most extreme moments in perfect frame.
The power of dynamic image processing
Osmo Action 3 is equipped with advanced hardware and software to keep up with your dynamic lifestyle. Its 1/1.7-inch imaging system shoots in 4K at 120 fps, delivers an ultra-wide 155° field of view and captures smooth footage with a world-class EIS package. An advanced thermal management system enables continuous 4K/60fps recording until the battery runs out, eliminating the overheating issue common to many other action cameras . D-Cinelike color mode is available in video, slow motion, and time lapse modes for those looking for more editing space in post. And for those who want to dive deeper, the Osmo Action 3 is water-resistant up to 16 meters without the need for an additional housing.
Stable and smooth video with RockSteady
Osmo Action 3 is based on DJI’s innovative image stabilization system that has changed cinematography and aerial photography. For a variety of dynamic shooting scenarios, Osmo Action 3 has three different electronic image stabilization options.
- Rock Steady 3.0 effectively eliminates camera shake in all directions. It runs at up to 4K/120fps, delivering a stable and immersive first-person perspective. It is ideal stabilization for sports scenes such as cycling and handheld shooting on the go.
- Horizon Steady helps eliminate camera shake in all directions, and even horizontally corrects tilt at any angle. This means that footage can remain horizontally flat even under hard impacts and 360° rotations, creating a perfect horizon without any post-processing, even in non-standard activities such as surfing.
- HorizonBalance corrects horizontal tilt within ±45° and supports stable 4K/60fps video recording. The perfect middle ground between RockSteady and HorizonSteady, this mode is ideal when smooth 4K images are a priority in dynamic environments such as first-person obstacle course running.
To be seen and heard, loud and clear
Osmo Action 3 is more than a rugged action camera; it is also an ideal camera for vloggers and streamers. Osmo Action 3 is the first dual touch screen action camera, allowing users to access settings from any angle while keeping the camera in the perfect position. Three-mic stereo recording reduces wind noise and enhances the sound quality of footage. Wi-Fi Livestream supports 1080p/30fps, 720p/30fps and 480p/30fps, as well as pause recording during broadcast. UAC/UVC webcam support provides high quality video and audio for conferencing and live streaming.
- Shutter/record button and quick switch button provide immediate recording and instant mode switching.
- Fast switching between five user modes gives you access to user-created camera modes at the touch of a button.
- Multifunctional battery case holds three batteries and two microSD cards, intelligently charges three batteries quickly, and can be used together with these batteries as a power bank to charge other devices such as a smartphone.
- Voice prompt informs users about current modes without having to turn off the camera.
- Voice control recognizes voice commands with high recognition speed to control the camera when hands are full.
- InvisiStick for Skiing recognizes and hides the selfie stick while skiing.
- 1.5 m drop protection with Corning Gorilla Glass for touchscreens and lens cap.
- Low Power Interval Shootingpre-installed for common scenarios (crowds, clouds, sunset) and dynamic time-lapse video stabilization for smooth changes in exposure and color temperature.
- digital lens shoots in standard (dewarp), wide and ultra wide across all shooting modes.
- Digital zoom up to 4x can be adjusted during recording for better picture composition.
- Compatible with DJI microphones via Type-C port and external microphones via a 3.5mm to Type-C cable.
- Loop recording for continuous recording and re-recording according to the set time.
DJI Mimo and LightCut: two creative ways
Osmo Action 3 connects to the DJI Mimo smartphone app via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth for even more options, including live camera feed, various story templates, quick in-app editing, and more.
In addition, the LightCut video editor application is carefully optimized for use with Action 3. It can automatically select clips and intelligently match them to exclusive templates to create publish-ready video montages.
Extend the action with special accessories
Osmo Action 3 was built to capture anything and everything. A set of dedicated accessories for each scenario will help you get the most out of this action camera, including: 
Price and availability
Osmo Action 3 is available soon in our store in several configurations. Osmo Action 3 Standard Combo includes Osmo Action 3, one Osmo Action 3 Extreme battery, Osmo Action 3 horizontal and vertical protective frame, Osmo Action 3 adapter quick release, and Osmo Flat Adhesive. Base.
Osmo Action 3 Adventure Combo coming soon in our store and includes Osmo Action 3, three Osmo Action 3 Extreme batteries, Osmo Action 3 horizontal and vertical guard frame, two Osmo Action 3 quick release mount adapters, one Osmo Flat Adhesive. Base and Osmo Action 3 multifunctional battery case.
DJI Care Update
DJI Care Refresh, DJI’s comprehensive product protection plan, is now available for Osmo Action 3. The replacement service covers accidental damage including normal wear and tear, collisions and water damage. For a small additional fee, you can replace a damaged product in the event of an accident.
DJI Care Refresh (1 Year Plan) includes up to two replacements within one year. DJI Care Refresh (2-year plan) includes up to three replacements over two years. Both plans automatically renew for one year if customers do not use the replacement service during the term of the contract. Other DJI Care Refresh services include free shipping.
 Tested in lab at 25°C (77°F) recording 1080p/30fps video with EIS off and screens off and should be used for reference only.
 Tested in lab at -20°C (-4°F) recording 1080p/30fps video with EIS disabled and screens off, and should be used for reference only.
 Osmo Action 3 uses the PD 3.0 charging protocol (PPS). Charging time in lab testing at 25° C (77° F) using the DJI 30W USB-C Charger with photo/video recording disabled and screens off. Should be used for reference only.
 The horizontal-vertical protective frame is required for vertical shooting.
 A frame rate of 120 fps applies to 1080p, 2.7K 16:9, and 4K 16:9 video specifications.
 Due to consumer product regulations, the maximum operating temperature in the EU is 48°C. Total recording time may vary.
 D-Cinelike is available when Pro mode is enabled.
 This feature works best in quiet environments and when using clear and precise pronunciation.
 The InvisiStick for Skiing is only suitable for skiing, snowboarding and other snow activities. Results may vary when used for other scenarios.
 To avoid damage, do not throw, hit or crush this product.
 The DJI Mimo app is required to activate the first time you use this product.
 Some accessories are sold separately.
 Close the battery cover and USB-C port cover and tighten the lens protection cap before use. It is recommended to install a waterproof case for long periods of underwater shooting or in conditions of strong impact water pressure. Osmo Action 3 and its waterproof case are IP68 waterproof. Do not use the camera in hot springs or expose it to corrosive liquids.
 The ideal mounting temperature range is -10° to 40° C (14° to 104° F). Do not attach to curved surfaces and make sure the attachment surface is clean. It is recommended to press on the nozzle for 10 seconds after application and leave for 30 minutes before use.
 The hydrophobicity of the front screen, rear screen and lens cap is achieved by the autofocus coating, which