DJI Mavic 3: The world’s best drone just got better.
An improved sensor, dual camera system, omnidirectional obstacle detection, smart modes and extended flight time make the DJI Mavic 3 an unparalleled aerial photography tool.
On November 5, 2021, DJI, the world leader in civilian UAVs and creative photography equipment, unveiled the Mavic 3, a bold update to the iconic drone that sets the standard for aerial photography anew. Mavic 3 is the most comprehensive update to the world’s most popular drone series in three years. The device has received an improvement in each of the functions, creating new opportunities for flight, photography and video shooting.
Mavic 3 has been redesigned down to the smallest detail to meet user expectations and maintain its reputation as the most popular drone series in the world. From Hasselblad 4/3 CMOS sensor camera with 28x hybrid zoom camera to omnidirectional obstacle detection, maximum detection range up to 200m [Максимальная дальность 200 м была измерена при возврате домой] and new batteries that provide up to 46 minutes of flight time, the Mavic 3 creates an unparalleled experience for smooth flight and creating memorable content. Its updated hardware and software allow you to shoot 5.1K video at 50fps in soft and accurate hues with increased sensitivity to low light, as well as create slow-motion footage with 4K/120fps resolution. The Mavic 3 Cine version offers Apple ProRes 422 HQ encoding for greater post-production capabilities and comes with a built-in 1TB SSD for high-speed storage.
“Working on the Mavic 3 was a daunting task for our engineers, who faced a number of difficult technical challenges in an attempt to meet and exceed the standards set by the Mavic series in flight technology and professional-quality imaging,” said Ferdinand Wolf, Creative director of DJI in Europe. “The result has exceeded all expectations. Mavic 3 allows you to seamlessly create epic footage, providing a combination of portability, high performance, incredible flight safety and amazing image quality. We are confident that this drone will meet the expectations of photo and video enthusiasts, as well as studios and media workers around the world”.
Two cameras for sky-high quality
DJI created a foldable drone in 2016 with the release of the Mavic Pro, the first handheld device to achieve professional quality. Two years later, the Mavic 2 Pro went on sale, the fruit of a collaboration with Hasselblad, the legendary camera manufacturer from Sweden. The built-in 1-inch sensor allowed to expand the scope of what is possible in aerial photography. The Hasselblad Mavic 3 Dual Camera System is redefining the standard in aerial photography.
The L2D-20c DJI Mavic 3 Personal Camera features a professional 4/3 CMOS sensor with a 24mm prime lens, all in a stylish and compact format. Hasselblad’s high standards in hardware and software algorithms produce 20MP 12-bit RAW still images and 5.1K@50fps video (or 4K@120fps). The higher resolution allows for smoother footage and provides more framing and 120 fps slow-motion options.
The larger sensor not only gives the Mavic 3 high resolution and dynamic range, but also more effectively suppresses noise in low light conditions. The native dynamic range of 12.8 stops preserves detail in both the highlights and shadows, delivering detailed visual information with a greater sense of depth and taking images to a new professional level. The adjustable f/2.8-f/11 aperture meets the needs of photographers and content creators in a wide range of lighting conditions for sharper, clearer images.
Weighing just 12.5g, the 24mm equivalent focal length lens with autofocus and an 84° field of view ensures sharpness and sharp details. The Mavic 3’s second camera is equipped with a 28x telephoto lens with hybrid (digital and optical) zoom and f/4.4 aperture, allowing you to shoot dynamically and use new creative techniques. Fast focusing video sensor autofocus technology allows the Hasselblad to work with multiple built-in video sensors that capture distance data and optimize focusing speed.
The Mavic 3 delivers accurate color on the fly with Hasselblad’s unique Natural Color Solution System (HNCS), built on decades of photographic experience and used by DJI cameras on the Mavic 2 Pro. The Mavic 3 delivers professional-grade image processing, not only capturing high-definition aerial footage, but also capturing up to 1 billion colors using a 10-bit D-Log color profile. You’ll get tones with natural transitions while retaining rich detail for more flexibility in post-processing.
Mavic 3 Cine is a version of the device with Apple ProRes 422 HQ encoding, which provides a maximum data transfer rate of 3772 Mbps, making the device a professional tool that meets all the requirements for post-processing. [DJI Mavic 3 Cine поддерживает Apple ProRes 422 HQ и кодирование H.264/H.265, в то время как Mavic 3 поддерживает только кодирование H.264/H.265. Макс. скорость передачи данных 3772 Мбит/с возможна в случае записи в Apple ProRes 422 HQ и 4K / 120 кадров в секунду]. Designed to handle large amounts of high frame rate video data with the ProRes codec, the Mavic 3 Cine features a built-in 1TB SSD. The 10Gbps fast data cable allows you to quickly transfer large files for smooth exports.
Fly easier with improved flight safety
Since its inception, DJI has been an industry leader in the development of innovative safety features, and the Mavic 3 continues this tradition by bringing improved obstacle detection and navigation systems to guide the aircraft on the safest possible path. APAS 5.0 combines data from six fisheye sensors and two wide-angle sensors to continuously and effectively detect obstacles in all directions and allow you to plan safe flight routes to avoid obstacles even in difficult conditions. [APAS 5.0 наиболее эффективен при полетах в достаточном освещении].
Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing provides improved object following with the updated ActiveTrack 5.0, [Функция будет доступна в последующих обновлениях ПО. Для получения дополнительной информации следите за обновлениями прошивки DJI], allowing obstacles to be recognized even in normal (N) mode. Previous versions of ActiveTrack allowed the camera drone to follow an object while moving directly towards and away from the aircraft while remaining still, as well as flying close to a moving object. ActiveTrack 5.0 allows the Mavic 3 to move with the subject as it moves forward, backward, left, right, and diagonally. The device can also fly near a moving object. Also, if the subject moves too fast and temporarily moves out of frame, the video sensors on the camera body continue to track and hold the subject in the frame, and resume tracking when the subject reappears in the field of view. These new directions provide significantly smoother and more varied drone and camera movements when using ActiveTrack.
Mavic 3 uses a powerful positioning algorithm that improves hovering accuracy using GPS, GLONASS, and BeiDou signals. This allows the device to use multiple satellite signals faster than before. Improved positioning accuracy helps the Mavic 3 better hold its position in the air and stay stable when shooting long exposures and creating time-lapse videos.
The Mavic 3 uses other robust safety features created by DJI to keep the airspace stable. These include geofencing to warn pilots when flying near restricted areas, height restriction alerts, and the AeroScope Remote Identification System to detect and control drones in restricted areas. AirSense alerts you to nearby aircraft and helicopters transmitting ADS-B signals, so you can get to a safer area in time.
Extended flight time with longer battery life and improved aerodynamics
DJI set new standards for reliability in 2016 with the release of the Phantom 4 and the original Mavic Pro, each with a maximum flight time of 30 minutes. In subsequent years, new drone models have gained longer flight times due to improved flight technologies. With the Mavic 3, DJI has rediscovered every element of flight modes and energy management, dramatically extending flight time (46 minutes under ideal conditions) and providing unparalleled freedom for aerial photography and action shots.
DJI has developed motors and propellers that are more energy efficient by creating a battery with a higher capacity and reducing the weight of the body and components of the drone. The shape of the Mavic 3’s arms, body and stabilizer has been improved to reflect the principles of aerodynamics. Wind tunnel testing has shown that the Mavic 3’s drag coefficient has been reduced by 35%, allowing for a higher top speed.
Happy Flight Completion with Advanced Return Home
The DJI Return to Home (RTH) feature has been a safety feature for DJI drones for many years, automatically heading back to home in the event of a low battery or loss of remote control signal. Previously, the drone would fly high enough to avoid obstacles in its path and return home in a straight line, landing at the home point. With Mavic 3, we have improved and updated this system, allowing the aircraft to automatically determine the shortest, safest, and most energy-efficient route to your home point. At the same time, the drone measures the wind speed and calculates the power needed to return home based on the wind speed and the route back in real time. This gives users more time before they automatically return home.
Preventing Signal Loss with the DJI O3+
DJI O3+ is an upgraded transmission system that delivers stable, clear and smooth video transmission even in challenging environments such as flying in a noisy environment. With a maximum transmission range of 15 km [При выполнении стандарта FCC (CE 12 км) на открытом пространстве без помех. Максимальное значение дальности полета приведено для справки и зависит от мощности и стабильности радиосигнала. Дрон должен всегда находиться в поле зрения, кроме случаев, в которых разрешено летать за его пределами. Проверяйте местные законы и положения в вашем регионе] O3+ allows Mavic 3 to fly farther and transmit with greater stability and lower latency, giving you peace of mind in flight. Mavic 3 is the first DJI drone to deliver 1080p/60fps high frame rate transmission. This means that the camera’s view is displayed at a resolution close to the material recorded by the camera. O3+ allows the Mavic 3 to respond better to your actions.
Smart modes for limitless possibilities
Mavic 3 offers a range of smart modes for capturing and editing amazing photos and videos by controlling route and camera movement in new ways. Features such as MasterShots, panorama mode and QuickTransfer let you get the most out of your aerial photography.
- Master Shot Mode [Функция будет доступна в последующих обновлениях ПО. Для получения дополнительной информации следите за обновлениями прошивки DJI] allows you to create high-quality content quickly and easily. The function automatically mounts the video and adds a soundtrack, allowing you to create a video in a matter of minutes and share it with friends.
- Panorama mode [Функция будет доступна в последующих обновлениях ПО. Для получения дополнительной информации следите за обновлениями прошивки DJI] The Mavic 3 allows you to automatically merge and edit your drone shots without using the DJI Fly app or any post-processing, creating breathtaking landscapes with impressive depth and sharp detail.
- QuickTransfer [Функция будет доступна в последующих обновлениях ПО. Для получения дополнительной информации следите за обновлениями прошивки DJI] helps to store and process materials on a mobile device without pairing with a remote control. Mavic 3 transfers content from your drone to your mobile device faster with Wi-Fi 6.
New advanced accessories
In addition to a suite of innovative features and performance improvements, DJI is introducing new ways to control, shoot and transport the DJI Mavic 3.
- The new DJI RC Pro Smart Remote Controller offers a smoother control experience with improved antenna power and an extended transmission range of 15 km. [При выполнении стандарта FCC (CE 12 км) на открытом пространстве без помех. Максимальное значение дальности полета приведено для справки и зависит от мощности и стабильности радиосигнала. Дрон должен всегда находиться в поле зрения, кроме случаев, в которых разрешено летать за его пределами. Проверяйте местные законы и положения в вашем регионе] The 1000 nit high brightness screen provides improved visibility for outdoor driving. The battery system offers extended driving time of up to three hours and fast charging in 90 minutes.
- The DJI 65W Portable Charger provides fast charging options in just around 96 minutes and is compatible with laptops and smartphones thanks to its USB Type-C output.
- The DJI Convertible Carry Bag features an innovative design that can be used as a backpack or shoulder bag. The bag holds the Mavic 3, accessories, laptop and even clothes and other personal items for a short trip.
- The DJI Mavic 3’s wide-angle lens offers up to 108° of field of view for an immersive experience.
- The DJI Mavic 3 face shield has a lightweight, minimalist design that protects the camera, gimbal, and propellers when you fold and transport the device.
- The ND filter set is available in two versions – ND 4/8/16/32 and ND 64/128/256/512 – and allows the camera to achieve flawless results in any lighting conditions.
- The 10Gbps fast data cable allows you to download content from the drone to your computer at high speed. You can back up your content on the spot with high-speed transfer.
DJI Mavic 3 Versions
- Mavic 3 Standard Version, Kit Includes Mavic Aircraft 3 x 1, Intelligent Flight Battery x 1, RC-N1 Remote Controller x 1, RC-N1 Cable x 3, Charger x 1, Protective Cover x 1, Propellers (pair) x 3 and other necessary accessories.
- Fly More with Mavic 3 Kit Includes Mavic Aircraft 3 x 1, Intelligent Flight Battery x 3, Remote Controller RC-N1 x 1, Remote Controller Cable x 3, Battery Charger x 1, Charging Hub x 1, Protective Cover x 1, Propellers (pair) x 6, ND filter set (ND 4\8\16\32), convertible carrying bag x 1 and other necessary accessories.
- The DJI Mavic 3 Cine Premium Kit includes a built-in 1TB SSD and supports Apple ProRes 422 HQ video recording. Mavic 3 Cine Premium Kit Includes: Mavic 3 Cine Aircraft × 1, Intelligent Flight Battery × 3, DJI RC Pro Controller × 1, Battery Charger × 1, Charging Hub × 1, Shield × 1, Propellers (pair) × 6 , ND filter kit (ND 4\8\16\32), ND filter kit (ND 64\128\256\512), convertible bag, 10Gbps fast data cable and other accessories.