On February 21, 2019, a demonstration of aircraft of the Matrice 200 V2 series took place. These devices are characterized by stronger strength, increased safety. Another platform for monitoring information about the flight of FlightHub drones was also shown. The presented improvements will help organizations manage drone programs, while developing the technical basis for BVLOS, night flights.
Jan Gasparik, DJI Director of Organizational Engagement, said companies around the world have high hopes for DJI hardware and software to achieve stable and reliable solutions from map development to critical production inspections. Today, the number of drones in the fleets of the main companies is 100-1000 devices. With this in mind, there is a need to select proven control methods for modern technology. The new series will make it possible to solve any difficult tasks of saving people, to perform day and night flights over strategic objects. DJI FlightHub enhancements will allow companies to get the most out of their fleets of drones and information.
New Features of Matrice 200 Drones
With the new features, the Matrice 200 V2 aircraft can solve various industrial and commercial tasks. The second generation models are characterized by reliability, simplicity and safety in operation. The series provides a one-stop platform for companies looking to take advantage of aircraft technology and modernize their workflows.
The following improvements specific to the new series can be distinguished:
1. Reliable transmission system. Drones use OcuSync 2.0 technology, which allows them to operate at a frequency of 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz in automatic mode at a distance of no more than 8 km. The video picture is transmitted constantly with high resolution, the signal is practically not delayed.
2. Information security. Information transmitted using OcuSync 2.0 is encoded according to the AES-256 standard. As a result, all important data is securely stored. There is strict access control to them.
3. Flight safety. The production of signal lights fully complies with the requirements and standards set by the US Civil Aviation Administration for night flights. The lights are located on the top and bottom of the aircraft, guarantee the safety of flight in low light, at night. The drone is equipped with DJI AirSense technology, there is an on-board ADS-B receiver that transmits information about the traffic of aircraft movements to the pilot of the device. This information helps prevent collisions.
4. Performance characteristics. Pilots who use more than one payload in their work have the opportunity to calibrate the center of gravity of the device, improve its flight characteristics. To do this, you just need to use the DJI Pilot.
5. Accuracy of information. The TimeSync system pools the flight controller, cameras, GPS and RTK module along with third party payloads, accessories. To obtain the highest level of accuracy, it sends positioning information to the middle of the frame.
The described improvements make it possible to create a technical base for the use of aircraft. An important element of it are the protective signal lights of the production drones Mavic 2 Enterprise and Matrice 200 V2. By combining the lights with the DJI AirSense ADS-B receiver to find the aircraft signal, detect the FlightAutonomy Obstacle Identification System, Matrice 200 V2 devices can perform their tasks in places where the pilot cannot see them.
Brendan Schulman, Vice President of Political and Legal Affairs at DJI, emphasized that DJI is a leader in the development of security features. Innovative technology is enabling organizations to use drones to rescue people. DJI is proud to be able to help regulators secure pilot approval for the advanced features found on our devices.
Operations Management with FlightHub for Organizations
DJI FlightHub software gives companies the power to manage every aspect of their commercial drone operations with one platform. The Internet application of the standard and upgraded versions of FlightHub allows you to manage flight telemetry, fleets, pilots online, and achieve efficient development of process plans. For companies, the FlightHub platform is equipped with additional features that allow commercial pilots to increase their functionality in process management, guarantee the confidentiality of information.
– Private cloud storage. Today, each user of the FlightHub platform is able to store information in a private cloud storage, a personal technology infrastructure. This will involve company resources, security protocols, and workflow plans for drone fleets.
– DJI Pilot software. It can work together with the FlightHub platform. This program is a personal version of the DJI flight control application. The DJI Pilot version was created for users who have high demands on the security of information. The program does not broadcast information to networks accessible to all, connects directly to the company’s FlightHub, and uses the hosting of its private infrastructure and technologies.
– Firmware management. Such control allows for centralized management, firmware updates, helps the company approve and upgrade drone fleets according to safety requirements, and prevent unplanned delays in solving key tasks.
– Drawing up a plan of tasks. Form tasks, check their implementation, send waypoints, mapping tasks to pilots.
– Equipment maintenance. Keep track of the following characteristics of the use of devices: drone operation time, battery life. This will ensure the efficient operation of devices, their prompt maintenance.
The set of described updates makes FlightHub a valuable assistant for most commercial and industrial organizations that use drones to implement secret tasks to eliminate the consequences of natural disasters and disasters, as well as public safety. In such cases, it is necessary to show the received information online. This will make it possible to make an operational decision, to transfer data to engineers who are engaged in the inspection of energy and telecommunications facilities.