Hello! Today I would like to share with you the impression of purchasing a new product from DJI – the DJi Spark selfie drone. I purchased the basic version. At the moment, a combo version is already available in which you additionally get a remote control that increases the flight range up to 2 km, an additional battery, a charging hub, propeller protection and a bag for transportation.
The drone came in a compact box, one corner was a little wrinkled. I have a Chinese version of the drone, as far as I know, there is also an EU and USA version. A pleasant moment was that the package was not opened, the seal was not damaged. Inside there is a dense foam box, as well as a cardboard box with a cable and a charger.
On one of the ends there is a sticker with the name of the WiFi point and the password, these data are necessary to connect the phone to the drone. The same sticker is on the drone under the battery.
Inside is a Spark and a couple of spare props. For clarity, I disconnected the battery and placed it in the battery compartment. The maximum capacity of the case is 3 batteries. The charger supports QC3.0 5V – 3A / 9V – 2A / 12V – 1.5A. USB cable – MicroUSB with a long plug. All accessories in the photo.
- Size: 143×143×55mm
- Weight (including battery): 300g
- Flight time: up to 16 minutes
- Removable battery: Yes
- Max speed: 50 km/h
- Distance from operator: 100 meters via Wi-Fi, 2 km with controller
- GPS and GLONASS: Yes
- Auto-follow function: Yes
- Auto-takeoff and auto-landing function: Yes
- Obstacle avoidance function: Yes
- Photo format: JPEG
- Video format: MP4 (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264)
- Support for external cards: Yes, Micro-SD
- Matrix; 1/2.3″ CMOS; 12MP
- Optics: FOV 81.9°; 25mm (35mm Format equivalent); f/2.6; focal length range – from 2m to infinity
- ISO Range: Video 100 ~ 3200, Photo 100 ~ 1600
- Maximum photo resolution: 3968 × 2976
- Maximum video resolution: Full HD 1920 x 1080p, 30fps, 24Mbps bitrate
On the back, under the inscription spark, there is a microSD card slot and a microUSB charging port.
Folding type propellers, it is enough to deploy them before the flight, I consider this solution to be successful, since on my old Dji Phantom 3 Advanced the propellers, and indeed the entire quadric, take up a lot of space.
At the bottom is the landing camera and visual positioning sensors.
The DJI Spark camera has a 12MP 1/2.3″ CMOS, 81.9° FOV with f/2.6 aperture. Two-axis suspension, mechanical, operating temperature range from 0° to 85°. Above the camera is an obstacle detection sensor, front parking sensors, the response range is 5 meters.
Flight time on one battery is up to 16 minutes, with a fairly strong wind, I managed to fly on one battery for 12 minutes. Battery capacity 1480mAh 11.4V. Full charge time ~ 50 minutes.
Examples of photos without processing
This photo has been edited.
Archive of photos in full quality – tyts
Raw video – tyts tyts
Hand gesture control
One of the “chips” of Spark is the ability to control the drone using hand gestures.
Selfies – connect your fingers in a frame and Spark will take a photo
PalmControl – The drone can zoom in, zoom out, and move side to side according to your hand movements. It can also take off and land from the palm of your hand.
In fact, these features are still very poorly implemented, but with the release of new firmware, the manufacturer improves them.
Intelligent Flight Modes
In this mode, presets for shooting cinematic effects are available, you simply indicate which shot you want to take and Spark starts shooting.
QuickShot mode has the following presets:
- Rocket – vertical takeoff, the camera looks straight down. Such a frame will allow you to “departure” the frame from a close-up to a wider frame and show the environment of your main subject.
- Dronie – the copter flies away from you in reverse, slowly back and up, while the camera follows the starting point. The frame is similar to the previous Rocket mode, except that the copter is not flying vertically upwards, which makes it look completely different.
- Circle – Spark will fly around a certain point you specify and give some kind of panorama of what is happening around. The flight takes place at the same height.
- Helix – take off in a spiral around the specified point. As you understand, the same as Circle, only with a climb
Learn more about each mode in this video.
DJI Spark is perfect for travel lovers and people who do not need video in 4K Ultra quality. The quadcopter is very compact, the Tigernu backpack fits a quadcopter, camera, dji osmo in a case, a bottle of water and there is still enough space for things.
Am I happy with my purchase? Yes, I got a compact travel solution, not in every country and everywhere you can shoot freely with the DJI Phantom, while the Spark will attract less attention. The ability to charge the battery from a power bank is a huge plus, I would write down the flight time and control range via WiFi as cons, but these disadvantages are eliminated by additional batteries and a remote control, I have already ordered a couple of batteries and a remote control, I will try to review and tell about the maximum flight range.
I bought it in the GearBest store, the current price is $ 509
Good coupons for DJI Spark Combo are working now
|DJI Spark Combo||729.99||BSpark|
|DJI Spark Combo YELLOW||729.99||YSpark|
|DJI Spark Combo Red||729.99||RSpark|
|DJI Spark Combo GREEN||729.99||GSpark|