Every owner of the device is worried about what can break it. Of course, the device is quite fragile and easily damaged if you crash into any object, but you should not worry, because there are some useful tips that will teach you how to properly control drones. Now you can easily avoid any accident.
All the tips that will be described below apply to most modern models. It’s best to read the tips right away before you start flying your drone.
How to avoid an accident?
1) Before starting the machine, please run the DJI GO app simulator. Experienced “pilots” recommend training for approximately 2-3 hours. This will allow you to get used to controlling the device a little. If the drone flies in your direction, then when you command to fly to the right, the device will turn to the left. Practice and you will be able to fly a real drone with ease.
2) It will not be superfluous to read the user manual.
3) If you are launching the copter for the first time, then you do not need to take off to a height of more than 30-40 meters. It is better to adapt to the buttons, and only then take risks. At the first start, do not photograph the area, but understand the controls.
4) The return home function is very important, because it allows the quadcopter to return to the departure zone if an unforeseen situation occurs. Practice returning your device to the point of departure. The drone will fly to the location on the map where the “H” sign appears.
5) In the DJI GO app, the return home height must be set to above 100 meters. This way you will be able to avoid collision with trees, houses or other objects on the way. Always keep the quadcopter in sight to avoid the possibility of an accident.
6) There are many obstacles in the city limits that are dangerous for the apparatus. Wires, tree branches, and power lines can cause your drone to crash. Unfortunately, the evasion sensors are simply not capable of tracking small objects. You will need to make sure that the copter does not crash into wires or tree branches. At the first launches, invite a friend to help monitor the drone.
7) When you are about to launch the craft, use the automatic takeoff function. Let the drone sit in one spot 1 meter above the ground for about a minute to warm up its battery. If there are any problems, then the device is not far to fall, and it will not suffer much.
8) If the temperature outside is less than 10 degrees Celsius, it is best to warm up the battery of the device to 25 degrees before starting it. The temperature can be viewed in the DJI GO app.
9) Do not recommend flying backwards. Of course, modern quadcopters have sensors on the back of the device, but even modern technology will not be able to detect that there are small tree branches or wires in front.
10) Once again, we remind you that obstacle detection sensors are not able to detect the smallest obstacles. It is especially recommended to be careful when flying at night.
11) Do not fly near metal structures because they create interference. You should fly at a decent distance from power lines.
12) Remember! Do not pull the two sticks of the controller down at the same time, because this can stop the aircraft’s motors. If you hold two joysticks in this position for 2 seconds, the device will turn off automatically. This feature can be useful if an accident is unavoidable. It is worth noting that the function works in older models. In new models, the emergency is triggered differently. In any case, you should read the information about the emergency stop in the user manual.
13) If there is a strong wind outside, then it is better not to launch the drone. The first reason is that the wind can blow the quadcopter to the side. The second reason is that in strong winds, when the device return to home is activated, the drone does not take into account the wind when calculating. If the device is far from the return point, then it may simply not reach this zone.
14) Animals can perceive the drone as an enemy or a toy. Not only birds will attack the quadcopter, but also other animals. There are many videos on YouTube where birds, cheetahs, monkeys and other animals attack the device.
15) The most dangerous moments are the takeoff and landing of the drone. When landing, you need to carefully check the place where you want to land the copter. Watch the direction of the wind, because your device can be blown away. Landing on sand or in a puddle is not recommended. Also, beginners should not try to put the device on the palm of their hand. On YouTube you can find many videos that teach how to land the device.
We hope that our tips will help you avoid many mistakes and make flying a quadcopter much safer.