FLIR Black Hornet PRS (Black Hornet 3) — this is the third generation of the world’s smallest combat-tested nano-unmanned aircraft system (UAS), which is actively used in more than 30 countries around the world. The Black Hornet allows infantry to maintain situational awareness, quickly identify threats and conduct surveillance in missions of any complexity.
FLIR Systems — founded in 1978, is a leading global industrial technology company specializing in intelligent sensor solutions for defense, industrial and commercial applications. The goal of FLIR Systems is “The Sixth Sense of the World”, creating technologies that help professionals make better decisions that save lives and livelihoods.
- Discreet Design
- Modular design
- Allows operation in rainy weather
- Flies in areas where there is no GPS coverage
- Onboard a range of optical and infrared sensors with 360-degree coverage
- Improved built-in hybrid thermal camera (compared to its predecessor)
- Detection and identification of threats day and night in stealth mode
- Improved encrypted digital data line approved by military experts (compared to its predecessor)
- Control via PD-100 system (controller + monitor for one-hand operation)
- Max. flight speed 21 km/h
- Max. flight duration 25 min
- Max. FPV removal distance 2 km
- Black Hornet PRS — personal intelligence system.
- Black Hornet VRS — a launcher for the simultaneous launch of several Black Hornet systems, mounted outside and fully integrated into the vehicle to create an on-board RSTA system with the ability to inform the crews inside the vehicle about the current situation in real time.
Max. flight time:
Max. FPV Removal Distance:
Max. horizontal flight speed:
Digitally encrypted connection, powerful dynamic frequency hopping for confident operation beyond line of sight
Auto/Manual, Hover and Watch
Auto return (forced/on signal loss)
7.7 – 10 m/s
Key system features
- Able to fly in areas where there is no satellite coverage. It can fly from the street into a building or cave, thereby allowing a more accurate assessment of the situation before exposing personnel to danger.
- Flight time up to 21 minutes at a distance of up to 2 km. Military-approved data transmission over an encrypted digital line with frequency hopping.
- Featuring the new FLIR Lepton thermal sensor and HD visual camera, the system delivers crisp image processing.
- The new modular design allows for quick replacement of batteries and on-board sensors, allowing the operator to quickly prepare one drone for different missions.
- Control via controller and monitor – PD-100 system. The monitor runs on improved software, with a simplified and intuitive interface. Operators can easily create flight profiles, set waypoints and assign tasks to the Black Hornet at each waypoint. For example, operators can instruct the drone to stop at certain points and use sensors to scan 360°.
- Can be easily integrated into the Android Tactical Assault Kit (ATAK) used by the military to provide networks directly on the battlefield and disseminate information to all participants.
A kit consisting of a drone, as well as a controller (for one-hand control) and a monitor, will cost the customer $80,000.
Photo with FLIR Black Hornet PRS system.
Brief review of Black Hornet 3.
Video with the FLIR Black Hornet PRS system.
FLIR Black Hornet PRS at the Avalon International Airshow 2019.